Junk Digest #1 : Is Photography a Male Hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfish

Jan 13, 2004
hello there,

Welcome to my first 'Junk Digest' thread. :sweatsm:

This weeks' topic is-- is photography a male hobby only?

Too many times I have seen people addressing each other in the forum as 'Brother' , 'Bro' or 'dude'. So much so that it gives me a feeling that photography is largely for males.

Is that True? And Why?

If not, maybe the ladies would like to put in a few words in this thread so we know who you are ? :D

Dont be shy :embrass: ! I believe there are definately more than a handful of women into this hobby ! :)

OH come on. haha for the sake of the new people who just joined clubsnap like me. BE A SPORT guys! and Gals!! :D

tantingchin is rite.. u should refer to that thread and carry on from there. it was a huge thread which created quite a bit of hoo har too if i remember correctly ahhahah....

oh thanks ley. haha, that kinda put a fullstop to my thread. :cry:

ok now, who else still wants to carry on in this discussion, join in ! :bsmilie:

Only man will understand the power L, and only man will want to be in the dark or white side. :D

While photography is enjoyed by both male and female equally, it seems that camera collecting (be it old gear or new technology) is a very male thing, or as you put it, hobby.

It is jus like playing around with PC and computer thingy u noe...guys are more into it.
Though there are gals, but it is still a male dominated hobby.
Just like do frenship bands n knitting all that, also mostly gals' hobbies mah :)
Guys n gals got diff wan lah

boys n toys

boys be. daijobu ne! :)

bigfatfish said:
Too many times I have seen people addressing each other in the forum as 'Brother' , 'Bro' or 'dude'. So much so that it gives me a feeling that photography is largely for males.

Is that True? And Why?

If you look at the avatars carefully, most of the posters here would be female. I have to control myself not to address them as Miss or Madam.

So the answer to your question is:

Photography is a female hobby invented by men if you go by CS avatars.

Sion said:
If you look at the avatars carefully, most of the posters here would be female. I have to control myself not to address them as Miss or Madam.

So the answer to your question is:

Photography is a female hobby invented by men if you go by CS avatars.

TRUE!!! I NOTICED that! :bsmilie:

and thanks all for replying! for awhile i thought i hit a taboo thread.

clive said:
boys n toys

boys be. daijobu ne! :)

boys and their toys yah...haha

so many women are there in CS? anyone wanna make a guess>?

bigfatfish said:
TRUE!!! I NOTICED that! :bsmilie:

and thanks all for replying! for awhile i thought i hit a taboo thread.

hmmm...I m a gal, but I am sure jOhO is a man lah

I am not sure that most posters here are made by females.

see for yourself...

29045970.jpg

zaren, what does the photo supposed to show and tell? I do not get it.

reachme2003 said:
zaren, what does the photo supposed to show and tell? I do not get it.

the photo shows a female photographer, in response to the question posed in this thread "is photography a male hobby?"

:cool:

Nobody said that photography is exclusively a male hobby.

NiVleK said:
erm...OT a bit...vertical should be the other way rite? Hehehe. No offence. ;)
it doesnt matter, as long as the photography likes the way it come out

Status
Not open for further replies.