Junk Digest #1 : Is Photography a Male Hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NiVleK said:
erm...OT a bit...vertical should be the other way rite? Hehehe. No offence. ;)

ehh.... does it make a difference? :dunno:

reachme2003 said:
Nobody said that photography is exclusively a male hobby.

orh... glad u agree with me :)

quekky said:
it doesnt matter, as long as the photography likes the way it come out

hmm... isn't there this famous photographer who photographs without looking through the viewfinder (or lcd panel) at all? it's all in the feel...

Ooh... I did not go out of my way to agree with you. I am only stating a fact.

reachme2003 said:
Ooh... I did not go out of my way to agree with you. I am only stating a fact.

ok... thanks :bsmilie:

bigfatfish said:
hello there,

Welcome to my first 'Junk Digest' thread. :sweatsm:

This weeks' topic is-- is photography a male hobby only?

Too many times I have seen people addressing each other in the forum as 'Brother' , 'Bro' or 'dude'. So much so that it gives me a feeling that photography is largely for males.

Is that True? And Why?

If not, maybe the ladies would like to put in a few words in this thread so we know who you are ? :D

Dont be shy :embrass: ! I believe there are definately more than a handful of women into this hobby ! :)

Is masturbation a male dominant activity? Is drinking coffee also one? Is smoking also one?
Irrelevant.

ehh.... does it make a difference?

difference is that the norm is the other way lor. you dun see vertical grips selling with their buttons on the other side. Maybe she is a right hander. :D

NiVleK said:
difference is that the norm is the other way lor. you dun see vertical grips selling with their buttons on the other side. Maybe she is a right hander. :D

Not to mention that isn't it a tad uncomfrotable taking in that position? Stable? But of cos its a matter to personal preference.

crazy!
the the other day i saw another photographer using 1Ds also held tt way! but his pics came out wonders too.. why care so much?

theres a lot of female photographer in CS too...

I still havent check my own gender.. LOL

NiVleK said:
That;s not even a vertical grip. It's just a slr in a vertical position. That's how I would have held it without the grip. Grab a slr and see how you would have done. The same.

coke21 said:
Not to mention that isn't it a tad uncomfrotable taking in that position? Stable? But of cos its a matter to personal preference.

It is suppose to be more stable in that holding position, but again, it's a personal preference.

And it might be a lil "uncomfortable", but once one gets use to it, it's just another holding technique.

Minoxman said:
That;s not even a vertical grip. It's just a slr in a vertical position. That's how I would have held it without the grip. Grab a slr and see how you would have done. The same.
Of cos i know it is not a vertical grip. I am not blind.

And oh, I have been grabbing my DSLR for quite some time, nv held it that way b4.

I was just asking a simple question cos therotically, the other position offers the most stable method. But alas, to each his own. Duhz. I have nv said YOU MUST HOLD THIS WAY. :sweatsm:

Minoxman said:
Is masturbation a male dominant activity? Is drinking coffee also one? Is smoking also one?
Irrelevant.
Read the topic: Junk Digest. Must all topics be serious and talking about technical details? If you dunno, there is a similar BIGGER thread about this. All the ppl posting there must be bo liao ppl who love irrelevant stuff.

NiVleK said:

haha! different people different style la :)

NiVleK said:
Read the topic: Junk Digest. Must all topics be serious and talking about technical details? If you dunno, there is a similar BIGGER thread about this. All the ppl posting there must be bo liao ppl who love irrelevant stuff.

yeah.... the thread became something like---- how should you hold your camera for a vertical shot :bsmilie:

bigfatfish said:
yeah.... the thread became something like---- how should you hold your camera for a vertical shot :bsmilie:
lets continue the discussion...

for me, it was my gf that intro me to photography :D :D :D

NiVleK said:
lets continue the discussion...

for me, it was my gf that intro me to photography :D :D :D

so now both of you are sharing a common interest! thats great. :bsmilie:

NiVleK said:
Of cos i know it is not a vertical grip. I am not blind.

And oh, I have been grabbing my DSLR for quite some time, nv held it that way b4.

I was just asking a simple question cos therotically, the other position offers the most stable method. But alas, to each his own. Duhz. I have nv said YOU MUST HOLD THIS WAY. :sweatsm:

relak ah lil brother. :)

Don't care grip this way or grip that way, can grip and take pictures is a good way. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.