Junior Shooting Home 2012

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
OBJECTIFS - Education (School & Youth Programmes)
sy-jsh01.jpg

Thought i'll give this a headsup. from their site:

Shooting Home is an annual photography mentorship programme, targeted at the most talented young photographers in Singapore. With “shooting home” as a central theme, we encourage all the participants to draw inspiration from their existing environment and ultimately contribute to ‘home’ and the local arts scene. Junior Shooting Home is an offshoot of our annual Shooting Home programme, which has just wrapped its 9th year.

I thought JSH would be a good platform for youths to develop and hone their craft, beyond just technicalities but also their ideas and style.

Entry is by portfolio, so there will be quite some competition.

Deadline is 21 april if i'm not mistaken, also the cost for students is 50 bucks. scholarships are offered to cover that cost, if the student is shown to be of potential iirc.

any youth who is thinking of photography professionally/going the next level, should seriously consider this. JSH can broaden your horizons quite significantly;)

I wonder if there is ever such a thing as mentorship for the zero talent photographers and then compare their work against the best SG has to offer.

I wonder if there is ever such a thing as mentorship for the zero talent photographers and then compare their work against the best SG has to offer.
have. you lor :) you can be the first to start any day.

jokes aside, anyone who wishes to know more, feel free to PM me. can share some of my experience as an alumni. but i will reply slowly cause i'm in NS.

on a side note, where got such thing as 0 talent one? its just a matter of finding one's strengths/interests and developing them... AFAIK i don't think i got talent :)

so the portfolio is really for the mentors to see which are the students they think they can best develop based on their own style and area of expertise etc (IIRC), not a "who is a better student" kind of thing. so don't worry about it

Last edited:
have. you lor :) you can be the first to start any day.

jokes aside, anyone who wishes to know more, feel free to PM me. can share some of my experience as an alumni. but i will reply slowly cause i'm in NS.

on a side note, where got such thing as 0 talent one? its just a matter of finding one's strengths/interests and developing them... AFAIK i don't think i got talent :)

so the portfolio is really for the mentors to see which are the students they think they can best develop based on their own style and area of expertise etc (IIRC), not a "who is a better student" kind of thing. so don't worry about it

i remember a classmate who was F9 all the way in maths subject and most of the "mentors" gave up. Somehow a retired teacher teaching part time managed to spark something in him and he topped the whole school in maths whether test or exams. I wonder if the same thing can happen also for photography.

what i am saying is its easy to work with the best but never know there might be unpolished gems that are there but ignored because it will take too much effort and time.

Last edited:
what i am saying is its easy to work with the best but never know there might be unpolished gems that are there but ignored because it will take too much effort and time.

i know... thats why this is here what... JSH can help to bring out these unpolished gems:) anyways the mentorship isnt just for that week/month. its a year long mentorship!
and yes its possible... hehehe

think this is a good initiative

Guys this sat is the deadline! Do hurry as its a good opportunity to learn from industry players!

tmr is the deadline!

all the best to those who have submitted :)

Hi guys, thanks for posting this! I have managed to get into Junior Shooting Home 2012

Hi guys, thanks for posting this! I have managed to get into Junior Shooting Home 2012

good for you :) you got your info from here? glad to hear it helped.

and do enjoy JSH! be mentally prepared for a lot of stress though :)