Jungle trekking in Taman Negara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caussway

Dec 8, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Hi CSers I'm planning to go for a jungle trakking in Taman Negara (M'sia) during the new year holiday. I'm free between 31-Dec and 4th-Jan.

Wondering anyone here interested to join me :)

Appreciate if you guys here can share some information on how to travel to Taman Negara, tour packages, tour companies contact.

Prefer camping rather than staying in resorts. Where is best place to buy / rent camping equipments in Sg ?

I can't tell you much about what's there NOW. My trip there was in 1986 to visit Gunung Tahan.

In those days the only way to reach the base camp at Kuala Tahan is to take a 4-hour boat ride from Tembeling. Along the way you may have to get out and help to push when the boat gets stuck on the sandbanks. :D

Just to say that if that option is still available, strongly suggest you go by boat. It is one experience as you go up river and you see the villages and plantations fade away and taken over by primeval jungle and its associated silence and wildlife cacophony.

Do note that it is now the rainy season. DO NOT CAMP NEAR THE RIVER!!

Ahh....Wanted to trek there also, but will be working on those days you mentioned...:(

Better change your time lah. It's not a good time to go there during end of year. Flood everywhere. Went there three years ago during X'mas time, was surrounded by water for three days. Didn't go anywhere but stayed in a small hostel playing cards :(

Thinking of going there again, but definitely not at this time. It's flood season right now, better not go to this kind of places.

Good luck!

Floooooood OMG :cry: got to change my plan.
Maybe somewhere along west-coast area.

thanks guys.

yes u are right..there is serious flooding along east coast....

and the raining might get u caught when during your trekking. it would spoil the whole the whole trip.

not advisable to go during your scehdule date of end of Dec.

Agree with all the above...End of the year is monsoon season in east coast of Penisular.....confirm will flood.....infact this year is quite badly....the best timing is mid of the year arounf Apr to oct :)

I am also considering going there, howabout organising an outing next year? :thumbsup: Going by KTM should be quite cheap....3 days 2 nigths with lodging should be less than S$300 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.