June 2009 Pentax Outing - June 13th and 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

It's time to plan our monthly outing again.

This time let's do some action photography. There will be a Singapore Wake Park Championship (SWPC) on 13 & 14 June 2009, which is organized by The Wakeboard Association (Singapore ) and SKI360°. Pentax is one of the official sponsors for this event!

As far as I know, this it the first time Pentax sponsored any local event in the past 5 years if not ever? Our new agent, Emjay, will definitely be there :cool:

Venue:
The SKI360° Cableski Park located at the beautiful East Coast Park (next to the Seafood Centre)

Date and Time:
13th and 14th of June

Since some guys can't join on either 13th or 14th, let's make it a 2 days gathering. You can join on either or both days. I'll try to make there on both days myself ;)

More info about this event can be found here:
http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/

It's good to see PENTAX in the logo, isn't it :bsmilie:

SWPC2009_logo-400.gif

How to get there:
Click here to see map and directions

Please put your nick in the list so we'd know you are coming for the fun :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SKI360° Cableski Park located at the beautiful East Coast Park (next to the Seafood Centre)

Date and Time:
13th and 14th of June[/b]

01. fengwei (hp: 94281380), date: 13, 14
02. felixcat8888, 13, 14, hope to be able to go this time. Relatives coming from Canada on 12th.
03. darrrrr (not sure about date yet)
04. Nik34 (try my best for 2 days )

Date and Time:

02. felixcat8888, 13, 14, hope to be able to go this time. Relatives coming from Canada on 12th.
05. Ben (June 13th, but will try for 14th)

Date and Time:

05. Ben (June 13th, but will try for 14th)
06. seefei

Will emjay bring in some bazooka lens like the 600 for fans like us to try out? ;)

**** it always fall on my working Sat consecutively the four or fifth gather ...luckily this one got Sunday also..

how about SAT what time start

On May 1, I have gone to East-Coast Park.;p I took 70-210 manual lens to shoot water-skiing. It is very difficult to do that:cry: :sweat: So this time I am afaid miss it

it's good to see PENTAX among the sponsors

On May 1, I have gone to East-Coast Park.;p I took 70-210 manual lens to shoot water-skiing. It is very difficult to do that:cry: :sweat: So this time I am afraid miss it

Using AF is the way to go. Let the camera do the auto focusing while you concentrate to track and pan the wakeboarder.
BTW I have a DA 50-200mm for sale which fits the bill for this kind of shooting rather nicely... hint, hint :bsmilie:

Sounds like a fun event but not sure of schedule just yet or whether I'll even have a camera then...
Anyway got plenty of nice food at the Lagoon hawker center, which is definitely a plus. :thumbsup:

I want to take a Da*200.:embrass: Or take a Da 55-300 to catch birds :bsmilie:
Using AF is the way to go. Let the camera do the auto focusing while you concentrate to track and pan the wakeboarder.
BTW I have a DA 50-200mm for sale which fits the bill for this kind of shooting rather nicely... hint, hint :bsmilie:

Sounds like a fun event but not sure of schedule just yet or whether I'll even have a camera then...
Anyway got plenty of nice food at the Lagoon hawker center, which is definitely a plus. :thumbsup:

do will we be able to get the front row or freebies as the local walking advertisement? maybe its a good time for all to wear the pentax t-shirt on that day... definitely attract lots of attentions :bsmilie:

btw i dun see the time stated...

On May 1, I have gone to East-Coast Park.;p I took 70-210 manual lens to shoot water-skiing. It is very difficult to do that:cry: :sweat: So this time I am afaid miss it

I can lend you my Pentax Takumar-F 70-210 if you are keen.:)

Not to forget the beeeeeeer!:cheers:

maybe its a good time for all to wear the pentax t-shirt on that day... definitely attract lots of attentions :bsmilie:

Better wear our Ts for our private social events since our Ts are not officially sponsored. Unless Emjay is generous to distribute the official event Ts (if availbale) to anyone using Pentax gear on that day.:think:

Cool...
WG, it's me. Zheng wei.
Hope get my Pentax earlier and join you.

sounds interesting.... but so far I dun have tele lens...

Practise makes perfect. If you think this is hard, try it with equipment from my time in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

To all,

The wakeboard action will be about 15 - 25 metres away from the shore. Bring yr long lenses. Suntan lotion, hats, sunglasses and cold water are all essentials.

The Pentax brand needs your help to ressurrect so bring your fabulous new T-shirts. Its time to stand proud and show everybody Pentax is still around.

You will get your chance to fondle the new K-7 and even the Sanyo video cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.