Julie Roberts holding a M

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
There is a upcoming movie 'Closer' whereby Julie Roberts is holding a M.

97123.jpg

Yes, Lecia can only take good pictures when you move closer, real close. Try Nikon next time.

Stylus C34 said:
Yes, Lecia can only take good pictures when you move closer, real close. Try Nikon next time.

Hello, what kind of statement is this??? :dunno:

Stylus C34 said:

That's a good one. But Julia looks better with a LOMO, don't you think :bsmilie:

in various movies ..
celebrities are often seen with various brands...

am sure in the course of any movie, a celebrity will be:
- holding a cup of Starbucks coffee
- smoking hash/ciggies from his/her favourite/endorsed brand/celebrity pusher
- check into a rehab centre at least once in their lifetime
- appear in Oprah
- eat a bagel
- and brush their teeth with a foreign toothpaste

So its not really suprising that she is made to carry a M series in the movie is it?

Sputnik said:
in various movies ..
celebrities are often seen with various brands...

am sure in the course of any movie, a celebrity will be:
- holding a cup of Starbucks coffee
- smoking hash/ciggies from his/her favourite/endorsed brand/celebrity pusher
- check into a rehab centre at least once in their lifetime
- appear in Oprah
- eat a bagel
- and brush their teeth with a foreign toothpaste

So its not really suprising that she is made to carry a M series in the movie is it?

Strange le! Then why is she not carrying a LOMO or Nikon since? :dunno: ;p

Because, for LOMO or Nikon, there is no need for Julia to shout "CLOSER" to take a pic ;)

thats the only cam that doesn't block her face, at least all the face... :D

imagine her using a Nikon D2X or mayb just a D70, i dun think we can see her face, mayb just her forehead & chin with the D70...

Bruce Willis used a remote controlled gun mounted with a Canon L-series telephoto prime lens. The Gus Grissom character in CSI uses a Nikon F5 to photograph crime scenes.

I suppose it is rare then to have someone actually be holding a Leica. Its not something you expect to see in every movie, even though I don't know what that really proves.

Endorsement, maybe. Maybe you need the ego-reinforcement to feel good that someone famous is using a Leica, even though it says nothing of the photograph being taken.

Did you feel good seeing Julia Roberts hold that Leica?

If I was like you, I'll feel good everytime I go to a sporting event and see a sea of white lenses.

sometimes, its jsut finding the props at the very moment. Maybe someone was using a lecia on the set and just happen to use it. Happen to me on one shoot, the models use my T3 as part of a prop for a shoot.

r32 said:
Bruce Willis used a remote controlled gun mounted with a Canon L-series telephoto prime lens. ....

The Jackal!!! Tha's what I call a real movie!! At least they are serious in getting their props.

:gbounce:

r32 said:
Bruce Willis used a remote controlled gun mounted with a Canon L-series telephoto prime lens. The Gus Grissom character in CSI uses a Nikon F5 to photograph crime scenes.

I suppose it is rare then to have someone actually be holding a Leica. Its not something you expect to see in every movie, even though I don't know what that really proves.

Endorsement, maybe. Maybe you need the ego-reinforcement to feel good that someone famous is using a Leica, even though it says nothing of the photograph being taken.

Did you feel good seeing Julia Roberts hold that Leica?

If I was like you, I'll feel good everytime I go to a sporting event and see a sea of white lenses.

if william hung or any other jokers was filmed using whichever brand of cameras, i think everybody would shun that cam... :blah: he better be using a camera that is so gaffered up, who knows what camera is he using... :sweat:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
thats the only cam that doesn't block her face, at least all the face... :D

imagine her using a Nikon D2X or mayb just a D70, i dun think we can see her face, mayb just her forehead & chin with the D70...

Not only that, I believe Julia Roberts knows very well herself, that Nikon, Canon, and Lomo are not for newbies to play with.

Smart girl, that explains why she's rich.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
if william hung or any other jokers was filmed using whichever brand of cameras, i think everybody would shun that cam... :blah: he better be using a camera that is so gaffered up, who knows what camera is he using... :sweat:

William will looks good holding a Leica, only a Leica. :think:

And someone will probably flood the forum with "William Hung holding a Leica" etc.

r32 said:
The Gus Grissom character in CSI uses a Nikon F5 to photograph crime scenes.

That's GIL Grissom ;) ... still think CSI Miami can't hold a candle to the original ... plus the location's more interesting, IMHO.

Mind you, GUS Grissom would probably have used a Hassy for his spacewalk.

But that's OT'ing a bit ... now back to discussions around L***a fanboys :bsmilie: ...

This thread is pointless. Flame baits aside, I honestly do not think snide remarks and statements loaded with double meanings help in anyway.

This thread is closed.

Understand that any future occurrences will not be tolerated.

It's very simple really. If you claim there is no freedom of speech, then please, by all means, go somewhere else where they will cater to your every whim and fancy and grant you all the "freedom" you want to be antagonistic.

This is not the place to do so.

I am not naming names but I am sure you should know yourself well enough in regards to your own postings thus far. We will not hesitate to ban or remove anyone's account if you decide to push your luck.

We will not allow CS to degenerate and become yet another local forum where flaming, petty arguments and asinine comments are looked upon as the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.