Julian Beever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Just got this:

I'm sure many of you would have already heard of Julian Beever or seen his work floating around the internet. If you're not too familiar with it, he is a talent chalk artist who draws on pavements and presents a spectacular perspective to his craft by drawing anamorphically!

Believe it or not, these pictures are all drawn on a 2-dimensional medium, when viewed from a certain perspective, they look stunningly 3 dimensional.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you that Julian Beever is actually in town this very moment, and he's been invited by Nokia Nseries to draw in an Asian city for the first time, and it's going to be happening in Singapore! He'll be drawing outside Raffles City till 6pm everyday till this Thursday, so do check it out and catch a genius in action! I suppose he'll finish drawing by Thursday, so you can see the finished product by then.

Here are some of his works;

blair.jpg

batman.jpg

waterfall.jpg

All photos were linked from: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

Thanks for the info bro. No wonder when I was passing by City Hall 2 days back I saw some paintings on the floor and I was trying to see the 3D effect but was not successful. Saw someone with a DSLR on a tripod taking pictures too. Was that you?

Thanks for the info bro. No wonder when I was passing by City Hall 2 days back I saw some paintings on the floor and I was trying to see the 3D effect but was not successful. Saw someone with a DSLR on a tripod taking pictures too. Was that you?

Nope. I have yet to go by. I might sometime this weekend... I just hope the drawings are still there. :)

Nope. I have yet to go by. I might sometime this weekend... I just hope the drawings are still there. :)

The paintings will still be there, don't worry. I saw that there's a small tentage erected over his work and there're chains around to prevent people from destroying his masterpieces.

If I remember correctly, his work at City Hall was featured in the Straits Time a few days ago.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If I remember correctly, his work at City Hall was featured in the Straits Time a few days ago.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I saw him working on a drawing on monday, took a shot or 2 but a bit too underexposed my pics were..

I sneaked a peek thru' JB's dSLR mounted on the tripod, yup, 3-D effect it was.. :thumbsup:

Is it still there? Im going to city hall this afternoon I wanna see it :)
Where exactly in city hall?

Thanks

If you come out from the exit facing Capitol just cross the road towards Robinsons at the traffic lights, you will be able to see the white tentage. It's just at the white tentage.

I saw him working on a drawing on monday, took a shot or 2 but a bit too underexposed my pics were..

I sneaked a peek thru' JB's dSLR mounted on the tripod, yup, 3-D effect it was.. :thumbsup:

Oh, were you there in the evening and taking the picture using a small PnS? Think it could be you that I saw that day. :lovegrin:

Oh, were you there in the evening and taking the picture using a small PnS? Think it could be you that I saw that day. :lovegrin:

err... nope, I was shooting with dSLR... u must have seen someone else..
unless my 30D+grip=small PnS lah..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.