Juggling Photography and Career

alvinlovesu

Jun 16, 2009
hi fellas, need your help on this, especially for those working.

i feel that i've kinda hit a plateau in this hobby, mostly due to my hectic work schedule. I think that's quite a lousy excuse since i seen quite a few working parents still churning out quality photographs.

my question is; how do you cope? :(

alvinlovesu said:
hi fellas, need your help on this, especially for those working.

i feel that i've kinda hit a plateau in this hobby, mostly due to my hectic work schedule. I think that's quite a lousy excuse since i seen quite a few working parents still churning out quality photographs.

my question is; how do you cope? :(

Only when there's free time. You can try Saturday or Sunday morning before your family wakes up, have a shoot then buy back breakfast/lunch for them

Depending what subject your interest is, for me, I do not shoot for the sake of shooting....most of my shots are travelling and family outings :)

no time for hobby?
either you
find time,
use your time creatively,
or start your hobby only when you retired.

anyway, one of our member do this,
he use part of his lunch time to shoot macro,
he use the time to shoot macro while his daughter attending enrichment class,
he specialize in shooting spiders, so what he need is some scrub along the road side.
nowadays, he just shoot with iphone with many other subjects.

no excuses. just shoot.
i take out my camera every chance i get.
i recently did some street while on my way to work.
i did some self-portraits by involving my son with the shooting.

cheers!

I'm not married but am working n studying, other than work/classes/projects. I try to squeeze time in between for photography. I guess it all boils down to time management, it can be pretty tiring but I enjoy photography so in e end it makes up for it.
Maybe ya can spare a few hrs out of 1 of e wkend for shooting. ^^

No excuses.
What is so hard to do? Just press a button only. :)

The reason for photography for me is not about myself.
It is for the ones I love, for family.
So that I can take the best photos of them to the best of my ability and have fond memories looking over the photos in the future.

A photo a day, isn't too hard :)

Heh I used to shoot macro on Friday lunchtime too
Kept it up for a year ... until management scrapped off casual Friday attire :angry:
Oh well, I find that by hook or by crook I'll scrape some time from my schedule if the desire to shoot comes

I shoot cos i can forget thinking about work for a while.