JPEG or RAW?

for those who get paid to shoot weddings and events,which do you shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GitS

Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
for those who get paid to shoot wedding and events, do you shoot jpeg or raw or jpeg and raw?

;) not so soon, not so soon :devil:

GitS said:
for those who get paid to shoot wedding and events, do you shoot jpeg or raw or jpeg and raw?

Learnt my lesson ... it play safe to shoot RAW .. if your CF card got big capacity can oso shoot RAW+jpeg ... ;)

If its just a day of shooting and walking around, I will shoot RAW. But if I go on extended holidays without computer access, then it will be jpeg.

RAW if the body is fast. jpeg fine if run out of space or if no need to print big

Shodan99 said:
If its just a day of shooting and walking around, I will shoot RAW. But if I go on extended holidays without computer access, then it will be jpeg.

:bigeyes:

its the other way round for me :p

I shoot jpeg for my clients (unless I understand that they have the intention to enlarge). And I shoot RAW only for my holidays.

Shoot in RAW cos memory is cheap... but memories are priceless. :D

KNIGHT ONG said:
Learnt my lesson ... it play safe to shoot RAW .. if your CF card got big capacity can oso shoot RAW+jpeg ... ;)

how to shoot RAW+JPEG at the same time?

I shoot in JPEG only for most of the shots... it's only certain VIP shots, eg Group Shots that I'll switch to RAW+JPEG just in case... after that I'll switch back to JPEG.

Fortunately, I haven't had the need to touch the RAW files.

JPEG+RAW is good enuf when you have the control. If the colors and the exposure is right, dun waste precious time in tweeking in RAW coz the JPEG version is already good enuf. Unless you want a super large file for stock usage :)

what if they jus need to develop 4r photo? jpeg enough?

i shoot in jpeg unless i'm VERY sure that there's gonna be some problems with the exposure and i needed all the dynamic range i can get.

how do i take pics in raw?? i am using canon A80

Status
Not open for further replies.