Joys of NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

msbinary

Jan 22, 2008
East
Hi all, this is my first post in this forum.This is my first attempt using a DSLR (it was borrowed from a friend).

poplo.jpg

Caught this moment at my boyfriend's POP.

The smiles and exhilaration from the guys are so true and priceless. It seems like the 3 months of 'suffering' has come to an end and worth it :)

Taken with: Canon EOS 400D
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO Speed: 400
Aperture: f/9

Honest feedbacks please :)

Nicely captured of the emotion.

btw, there is no joy in NS, at least for me, the real joy will only come when the Army don't want you anymore.

the emotion here is the relief of suffering, temporary only anyway.

btw, there is no joy in NS, at least for me, the real joy will only come when the Army don't want you anymore.

haha... funny one. We all share the same sentiment.... until reservist calls and they pay you your salary while you get to network with your NS friends... :)

Ahhh, i guess you are right. It's the relief, am finding the proper word to represent it. Thanks! :)

Other than the colors are at the dull side, this reminds me of my pop, haha.
I'm as happy as them, but not for the relief of sufferings but more of moving on to the next phase of life, towards becoming a man.

A moment of joy indeed.

POP is the end of a relationship... many friendships and camaraderies end here as we all go our separate ways... new one will be forge as we celebrated many lows and a few highs in this journey.

I did not hate NS nor do I like it, it is a necessity that we cannot live without. Now married with kid, it dawned on me what we guys are doing is a very important part of being a Singaporean..

BTW, I think close-up of the faces of these recruits would have capture the moment...

Maybe can crop out the 2 guys on the left and right which we can see only half of their face

Brings back memories.. I miss those days when I am still fit and thin.. the friendship forged during this period is rock solid.. never regret going thru NS..

POP is the end of a relationship... many friendships and camaraderies end here as we all go our separate ways... new one will be forge as we celebrated many lows and a few highs in this journey.

I did not hate NS nor do I like it, it is a necessity that we cannot live without. Now married with kid, it dawned on me what we guys are doing is a very important part of being a Singaporean..

BTW, I think close-up of the faces of these recruits would have capture the moment...

Yea, I think close up should be better, but I panic, haha :embrass:

Maybe can crop out the 2 guys on the left and right which we can see only half of their face

Hmm, that might work. Thanks! ;)

Thank you all for the comments! I'm glad that it brought back some memories :cool:

been there done that.

nice moments actually.

but still got long long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.