acousticjun

Jul 18, 2010
Singapore!
www.littlesofthands.com
Hi fellow photographers,

Just to share a shot from my latest wedding coverage:

Joy and Sorrow

5581192625_d831544142_z.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, emotion

2. What I hope to achieve with the piece of work?

The loss that a father has to deal with, juxtaposed with the joy of the bride.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

In the late evening, during the bridal march

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

-

emotion: I get the feeling that the father is merely looking at the ground, possibly to take care not to step on the bride's gown. Not really sorrow.

Personally feel that there is too much vignetting. Kinda cut into the left side of the bride.
I believe the bride should be more radiant if you wish to emphasise on her joy.

And agreeing with zenix84: Loss that a father has to deal with actually led me to expect a photo of his tear-stained cheeks.

Quite like the composition, though it feels a little slanted perhaps due to the angle you were shooting from.

Good job!

As a photo (one of many I imagine), for this one I would like it in a small frame and sitting on a shelf.
I think that given the right frame, I would vignette a bit more myself.

Cheers.

hmm.. composition wise. its great. The seats were well arranged and neat. Its not even messy. Exposure is good too. The slanting is not that bad at all. :)

but.. If only the picture was somewhat sharper. And i think you didn't give the title a justice which i feel you failed to capture the father's real emotions.

Anyways, from my screen, it seems that you use a higher iso and its kinda grainy. Honestly speaking, it gives a great feel. Plus.. Like what pablo said, more vignette would give that greater feel. Giving that film feel. Which me likey likey.. hehe

Something very nostalgic. :)

Overall, its great!

I don't like the slant. It's not enough to make it look like it's done on purpose, so it just looks like you got lazy and didn't check your angles. I would vignette even more (selectively) by reducing the exposure of the whole picture using an adjustment brush, then erasing the adjustment brush from the father and the bride, to make them brighter than the rest of the photo so as to draw the attention towards them, because the seats at the left are quite bright and compete with the bride for attention.