[jon.chiang] Urban Landscapes

Rain Glow by Jon Chiang, on Flickr

Everton Park, Singapore

The storm got rather intense towards sunset, and both me and my camera were thoroughly drenched, but it paid off because the light was nothing short of amazing!

Single-exposure with Sigma 12-24mm Art and Haida 0.9 Nanopro soft grad.

Single Strike by Jon Chiang, on Flickr

Tanjong Pagar and Chinatown, Singapore

Blended exposures with Canon 10-18mm and Sigma 12-24mm

The only lightning strike that we (or rather a friend of mine) managed to get from our time up at Pinnacle@Duxton. Because I'm not tall enough to lean out far enough to clamp my camera on the outer set of barriers, my friend helped with the clamping and also provided the raw exposure for the lightning, which was blended with a base exposure from my camera.

Reactions: Rockett

Contact sheets of both the exterior and interior of Jurong Town Hall, a familiar government building especially to Jurong residents.

A recently-gazetted National Monument of Singapore, Jurong Town Hall was symbolic of both Jurong's and the nation's rapid industrialisation in the 1970s.

The brutalist structure boasts a commanding appearance typical for civic or government buildings of newly-independent Singapore.

An iconic feature of the building is its 58-metre-tall clock tower, which proudly displayed what was one of the largest digital clocks in the region back then.

Jurong Town Hall Side View by Jon Chiang, on Flickr

Jurong, Singapore

A recently-gazetted National Monument of Singapore, Jurong Town Hall was symbolic of both Jurong's and the nation's rapid industrialisation in the 1970s.

The brutalist structure boasts a commanding appearance typical for civic or government buildings of newly-independent Singapore.

An iconic feature of the building is its 58-metre-tall clock tower, which proudly displayed what was one of the largest digital clocks in the region back then.​

I love fireworks! And this one is wonderful. I wish I could see such a beautiful scenario live! :)

Thanks! Fireworks displays are very common here in Singapore since we have them during the celebrations of major events throughout the year (F1, New Year, National Day, etc.), but we don't get a lot of natural scenery or astrophotography spots here due to our built-up spaces and light pollution. It's a bit of a trade-off I guess!