Joining Time Lapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzzw86

Mar 31, 2009
Hi everyone...

can anyone tell me how to join time lapse photos together..
i'm trying to get it done like those flash kind of thing..
not taking the pictures and forming a video..
i have already tried searching but i cant seem to find any clues..
thanks..

a sample image would be good

but normally it is done in photoshop, via layers

thread moved to digital darkroom

sample images?

hmmmz.. its just the sun setting.. taken at 1m30sec intervals

wouldnt photoshop layers just make one picture.. i'm sorry i'm a total photoshop noob.. i use lightroom.. hehe..

You need a piece of software to convert a series of images to a video file of some kind. Photoshop is not that. You said flash below, but maybe just start with turning jpgs into an avi or mov, and then look for a flash video encoder / converter (there are lots of freeware ones I suppose).

Search google for time lapse jpg to movie or jpg to avi or something. There are some freeware and shareware programs. I've never tried them. I suppose many are focused on automatically CAPTURING images, not necessarily converting them to video, so look carefully.

Alternative, if you have a video editor of some kind, then you can create your own time lapse movies. I use Sony Vegas to edit video, and you can easily create time lapse videos with it. To do so, you do this:

1. Order your files into one folder (if you're using lightroom, just setup the order you want in a collection, and then export to a folder using "index" for filename option). You'll be left with a folder of files like this - 0001.jpg through 9999.jpg or whatever you chose for the index number.

2. Open vegas

3. Import the folder full of index images. There are a couple of ways to do it, but I usually just import all the images individually.

4. In Options->Preferences->Editing, set the default still image length to the number of frames / amount of time you want for each image.

5. Select all the images and drag them into the timeline.

6. Render the movie in your preferred format (Vegas doesn't support FLV as far as I can tell, though maybe there is a plugin or something, and certainly once you have a mov or an AVI you can encode it to FLV later).

Good luck.
Eric

you need to shoot with a tripod

then load all the images together all on different layers
delete the parts you dont want
then flatten the file

so the final is one image file or a video?

Last edited:
you need to shoot with a tripod

then load all the images together all on different layers
delete the parts you dont want
then flatten the file

so the final is one image file or a video?

That sound more like HDR. Think TS is asking about time lapse.

I.e. converting a series of picture into video.

Pinnacle Studio can do it.
Piecing several photos into 1 video file and has timing control.
It also have a feature called Smart Movie, whereby you just dump your photos in and a song in. It will do up the whole video for you within the song.

Its quite a good software which can edit video, input photos, text, etc.

I use this free software called PhotoLapse. Quite hassle-free and does the job alright for me. No audio though.

Are you talking about time lapse or stop-motion??

This thread is confusing. After seeing that half of the posters are talking about one thing, and the other half about something else, I re-read the TS's original post.

I guess maybe he's talking about "stop motion animation", though I can't tell for sure.

If you're looking to make a "time lapse" movie, then you have a couple of suggestions above. If you're looking for "stop motion animation", then maybe PS is what you want (sounds really really hard, but if that's what you're into . . .). I've never tried that sort of thing.

sample images?

hmmmz.. its just the sun setting.. taken at 1m30sec intervals

wouldnt photoshop layers just make one picture.. i'm sorry i'm a total photoshop noob.. i use lightroom.. hehe..

Based on this post by TS, I'm guessing he does want to make a time lapse video. Setting sun taken at 1.5min intervals?

I use this free software called PhotoLapse. Quite hassle-free and does the job alright for me. No audio though.

i tried to use photolapse.. i keep getting an error saying it cant open the file to convert.. =(

Hi everyone...

can anyone tell me how to join time lapse photos together..
i'm trying to get it done like those flash kind of thing..
not taking the pictures and forming a video..
i have already tried searching but i cant seem to find any clues..
thanks..

why not just use flash?

or imovie
or quicktime
or animated gif
or keynote

just as long as you can do some kind of slideshow and export it to a video file

Status
Not open for further replies.