Joining the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm...so many ppl taking pentax...do u guys buy any dry box? i am decidng btn this or d80..lol

Yes. Please get dry box or dry cabinet if you can.
Singapore humidity is typically over 95%, compared to the continents where over 40% is considered high humidity.... :sweat:

no matter pentax or canon or nikon or watever. if you are planning to get an SLR system.. it will be strongly advisable to use a dry box in singapore.. lenses grow fungus very fast here in our singapore climate!

cheerss..

I think it is one of those things that people forget to factor in when they decide to go DSLR and it should be mandatory to get a dry box.

I think it is one of those things that people forget to factor in when they decide to go DSLR and it should be mandatory to get a dry box.

Some I know forget that they need to buy batteries, more HDD space, CD-Rs and all those stuff.:bsmilie:

Haha... A dry cabinet is definitely a must, as well as time. If you just leave your equipment lying inside too long without using it, fungus will thrive.

Haha... A dry cabinet is definitely a must, as well as time. If you just leave your equipment lying inside too long without using it, fungus will thrive.

That is very true. Hard lesson learned, now I'm not gonna keep alot lenses, just enough for me to use.

Pity in Singapore it's really hard to be a lens collector :(

That is very true. Hard lesson learned, now I'm not gonna keep alot lenses, just enough for me to use.

Pity in Singapore it's really hard to be a lens collector :(

You can keep lenses that are not in use in ziplock bags with a small amount of silica gel inside. :D

You can keep lenses that are not in use in ziplock bags with a small amount of silica gel inside. :D

That won't really help too, there's fungus everywhere. Spores thrive very well in stagnant air, some species don't even need water, they can even live off the coating in your lens.:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.