Johor Bahru Malaysia not a safe place to go anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion said:
We'll be waiting for you in this side of JB.

Please bring only 8 or 12MP DSLRs as we have potential clients for them.

:bsmilie:

I refer to those disposal type of camera..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Full Frame some more..

malacca is safer.

if you wish to go JB, go in a huge number. never show fear or look lost.

try not to show yourself that you are very rich in malaysia.

This is my personal experience:
My co has a small factory in JB ... kanna broken in 3 times oredi. Mostly computers and office equipments all gone. It's always happened during a long holiday.
My friend got a shop rented out and after a year the tenant refused to pay. My friend tried to talk to him but the tenant grabbed his helmet and hit him on his head until blood came out all over his face.... he went over to a few shops beside to borrow phone to call police but no one wanted to lend him one ... poor soul, he walked about 3 km to a police station. They drove him to collect his bike and no action was taken of the tenant. After a few months, he sold off the shop at a big loss and never wanted to go back to JB though his wife is from Johore!
Once I drove in with friends and parked at some popular roadside behind some backlanes. After we have some cheap foods went back and surprised to find 6 police bikes ... when we went toward my car ( a BMW), 5 of them rode off and left the last one to negotiate with me. Fortunately my friend is local and paid him off. There was so many other cars parked at the double-yellow lines but probably mine was a Sin BM! :think:
I have given up JB for good ... :thumbsd:

I gave up 2 years ago, used to go very often, it has become very unsafe. The Garment should do something about it.:thumbsd:

If most of the traffic police is so corrupted, what kind of service can you expect from
the rest of the police force and the gangster? :think::devil::bsmilie:

Bluewater said:
Recently, always hear about rob case in JB. Keep wondering whether is it true or not. Still thinking to go shopping with my family at JB this weekend now I think forget about it. Attached is a real case that are forward by my friend. Those who are interested can take a look

http://www.orangeous.org/dailies/archives/000338.html

Your title is logically and technically wrong.

It has not been a safe place since long long ago.

Had you been following news (TV and/or newspaper) all this while, you would have totally agreed with me.

Just my personal subjective view.

espn said:
Me neither... :bsmilie:
yeah me too, never thot of bringing my camera in.... I once saw a kid approx 8 years old begging in the street at JB. The next moment I walked passed him, he was crying. thought of having a camera to capture that moment of sorrow come to my mind. Dunno why he is so sad...:cry:

my collegue's car got smashed on his way to a factory in malacca. I think he is still in state of johor for a stopover (not confirmed on location).

My JB friends even advised me against entering JB. He drives a m'sian car in JB and it wasn't spared either.

And I know of someone who just got robbed few months back.

There was also an attempt to rob my dad's car many years back. my dad just drove off with the acomplice standing in front of the car, thinking he can stop the car with his body (is he superman?) :bsmilie:

Just to add....if you are involved in accident in malaysia, you'll need a formal POLIS report in order to claim from your local insurrance company.

The report may not come free. :devil: I'll probably cost you some "donation" (not sure of the prevailing market rate) to the mata in order to obtain the report from polis station.

Status
Not open for further replies.