Joho assistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Backlane

Hi to that self-claimed Joho assistant,
My friend engaged you as his AD PG this coming May & according to him you told him that you were once Joho assistant & that puzzled me big time since when Joho get himself an assistant??[ correct me if i am wrong]. As far as i know only Micheal Chan aka Ah K recently linked up Joho. Maybe you were once a 2nd PG for a friend that so fortunately you got the opportunity to rub shoulder with Joho & shook his hands but that does not mean you are understudying him. I am a PG as well i am not doing a comparison between your works & mine but looking at your portfolio from 2008 till now you are not even 10% of Joho. I have no intention to tell my friend neither am i gonna reveal who you are.

You are a regular here, you know who you are & i know you are reading this.

** Dearest Admin/Moderator,
I aint here to start a flaming thread against fellow CS but i thought this is very unethical for a wedding PG to use a big name like Joho as a selling point. If you think this thread is not appropriate at this corner pls remove.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
To the TS, I think you have over reacted. I suppose the photographer who told ur frd he assisted Joho is in no way making use of his name. In case you do not know, many of us here started assisted the big names one way or another. I believe the photographer do not have the intention at all to make use of Joho's name to sign him for their wedding. There's some miscommunication somewhere. I agree with Bryan that you should PM the photgrapher directly instead of making a big issue out of this misunderstanding.

assistants do a lot of things, sometimes they are just saikang warriors

why can't you settle it with the photographer directly?

why do you have to be so personal? i suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, from the way you post so personally.

Hi all,
All of us started as a 2nd PG didnt we??? Are we not excited shooting for our friends, neighbours for free while building our portfolio? I am very clear that the statement from my friend was " I used to be Joho Assistant". Probably there may be some miscom? But how do you feel if someone going all out telling people he used to be your assistant & end of the day with late delivery of goods or didn't turn up on AD. Client start a thread in some forum " night86mare Assistant did not turn up on my AD". night86 are you gonna ignore it or clarify this???

night86mare i got nothing against you just quoting an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
who is bryan?

anyways, why don't you pm joho to clarify?

i don't understand why you insist on taking this public, especially since the unnamed photographer has not done anything to you. what is the purpose? how would you like it if someone started a thread about you?

he is afraid that this un-named fotographer will screw up a shoot and thus, in a way, smear the good name of Joho as the un-named fotographer brands himself along the good and established name of Joho in wedding fotography.

but all in all, potential clients should still look at the portfolio of the fotographers before they hire, and not just based on some fanciful self-title like "Professor" or "so-and-so's former P.A" etc.etc.

Night86
For your sake i had edited my previous post...Please read on but anyway you still dont get my point & i dont even know you but wondering why are you so defensive over this???..i gonna out of here you have a good night..:)

Cheers

who is bryan?

anyways, why don't you pm joho to clarify?

i don't understand why you insist on taking this public, especially since the unnamed photographer has not done anything to you. what is the purpose? how would you like it if someone started a thread about you?

Me la...i replied in a post saying that this backlane is stupid with what he posted
but i've deleted the post since...however that impression hasn't changed a bit.

Night86
For your sake i had edited my previous post...Please read on but anyway you still dont get my point & i dont even know you but wondering why are you so defensive over this???..i gonna out of here you have a good night..:)

Cheers

because i think everyone deserves a second chance and benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

i mean, it's clear that the remark is dervied from hearsay; 8000 things can go wrong during hearsay. also, things can be misconstrued. this isn't really a clearcut "oh i went to pose as xxx's assistant, and this means my wedding photography is godlike" case. from the facts you describe, it is so ambiguous that you are really being extremely agitated about something so small, despite clear limited knowledge of what is going on.

assisting can mean anything; it can just be carrying lightstands; if every photographer out there with a good name to uphold worried that his assistants or helpers did would ruin his reputation; then there is no end to this.

anyways, only joho and the guy involved can clarify; what's the point of making it public? to drag in 8000 other people? what is the positive purpose in doing this?

Hi to that self-claimed Joho assistant,
My friend engaged you as his AD PG this coming May & according to him you told him that you were once Joho assistant & that puzzled me big time since when Joho get himself an assistant??[ correct me if i am wrong]. As far as i know only Micheal Chan aka Ah K recently linked up Joho. Maybe you were once a 2nd PG for a friend that so fortunately you got the opportunity to rub shoulder with Joho & shook his hands but that does not mean you are understudying him. I am a PG as well i am not doing a comparison between your works & mine but looking at your portfolio from 2008 till now you are not even 10% of Joho. I have no intention to tell my friend neither am i gonna reveal who you are.

You are a regular here, you know who you are & i know you are reading this.

** Dearest Admin/Moderator,
I aint here to start a flaming thread against fellow CS but i thought this is very unethical for a wedding PG to use a big name like Joho as a selling point. If you think this thread is not appropriate at this corner pls remove.

Thanks

who is Joho?

Need a new nick to post this?

i'm sure your friend hired this alleged photographer not based on "i used to be jOhO's assistant" but based on the photographer's portfolio.

Have your friend not viewed the photographer's portfolio?
Is your friend willing to pay for the photographer's service simply becoz he assisted jOhO before?

I'm defending this fellow tradesman for the fact I tell my clients who i assisted before too. However when they eventually sign my contract. It's my very own.
I don't see their friend having such unsound behaviour. Sometimes i wonder how intrigueing a person's mind can be.

he is afraid that this un-named fotographer will screw up a shoot and thus, in a way, smear the good name of Joho as the un-named fotographer brands himself along the good and established name of Joho in wedding fotography.

but all in all, potential clients should still look at the portfolio of the fotographers before they hire, and not just based on some fanciful self-title like "Professor" or "so-and-so's former P.A" etc.etc.

Dear Cheesecake

Thanks you got my point..

Regards

hi

Personally, if i were you.....i will inform my friend instead.....posting here wouldn't help......even what you said is true and the so call assistant is reading it, so what????? That guy will still get the deal and continue doing that.

Dear Cheesecake

Thanks you got my point..

Regards

I still hope you go clarify with your friend and the photographer directly rather than making such assumptions. You are just not doing justice to the photographer. I believe at the end of the day, the photographer that your friend hire have to be given the full trust and confidence to deliver the work. Else why engaged him in the first place?

I hope you can have your doubts cleared soon and give us the clarification if possible.

Aiyo Can't Joho have a number of assist before? He can be one of them rite? Bryan is rite, so wat if he is once Joho assist? The couple is not blind to justify if his portfolio is worth to signing him or not.
If claiming of being Joho's assist works, maybe I shall try to claim that I am Yervant's assist see if I can get more deal ;p

mountain out of ant hill...

"i know you are reading this"

hahaha

take it up with joho and the alleged assistant. i thought this thread would have some saucy xmm photos..
))=

can i chiong post count here? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.