John Gray's Kayaking Expedition Phuket

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
ANyone has gone for this trip before, most notably Skylight By Hong ? I would be going this January, and I was wondering if it is camera friendly. Wish to bring my d100 for the kayaking trip, but its risky, isnt it ?

I've gone canoeing in Phuket before... (but not with John Gray's coz was told there's a much cheaper alternative elsewhere)...

I think it's quite okay to shoot coz the water's normally calm... you do have to take some precaution of course... sekali canoe flip over.. then die die.

:Later,

WHat precaution can I take ? and it would be tough to keep the camera dry completely. Maybe I'll buy a disposable camera to bring along on that trip.

Are there alternatives to John Gray's tours ? I'm not sure.... please advice. They are mighty pricey, but the reviews have been incredible so far.

I would suppose the best solution would be a compact digicam with an underwater casing (so that you can actually take some pictures with the camera you're bringing along).

Bring along a BAJA bag, it's always goes with canoeing, a must have for regular/serious canoeists. and water-proof with ZIPLOC. (my suggestion)

Another good canoeing spot is at Pangkor Laut in Malaysia. Guess it's also a cheaper alternative.

Maybe you can use one of those instant waterproof ones that allows a 3-5m depth if I remembered correctly?

Well, pictures not too bad. Quite sharp actually, colours also quite good and no need to worry spoil your camera. I actually used it down at 18-20m...... :bsmilie:

No leakage and pics still came out......but of course, bluish lah when underwater without flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.