Job Openings > Perm, Contract or Part-Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoEverlast

Jan 20, 2008
Anyone knows of a JOB OPENING in your workplace or hear from friends recently, please post here.

Your assistance is much appreciated. :)

My "sources" within the Singapore Government have informed me that the Civil Service is currently only employing people on a contractual basis.

correct info...and the person must have minimum Polytechnic Diploma...note Polytechnic....if u MDIS...forget it....I kenna rejected so I know...

My "sources" within the Singapore Government have informed me that the Civil Service is currently only employing people on a contractual basis.

Yup, the last i heard was based on 2 years renewal policy.
That was few years back when my wife was working at MOE.

ya, look thru the LTA opening, it always stated that new posting only on contractual basis. wonder what happen when the project completes.. :cry:

correct info...and the person must have minimum Polytechnic Diploma...note Polytechnic....if u MDIS...forget it....I kenna rejected so I know...

sorry to hear that, ya, they need to do some damage control, else subsidized local poly grad will be jobless with so many private school vying for a job...:think:

chicken and egg problem

Not missing out on anything if u were rejected by MDIS. It's not that great.

ya, look thru the LTA opening, it always stated that new posting only on contractual basis. wonder what happen when the project completes.. :cry:

times are really bad.....

But I reckon that the jobless out there will still take up the employment contract for a few months rather than be unemployed till 2010 next year.

Some of my friends in the HR recruiting line have also told me that even fresh Uni grads are currently taking up clerical positions for the time being. For those diploma/A level/O level holders, this makes it even tougher to find a clerical job!

Reminds me of the situation during the Tokyo depression whereby waiters and cab drivers were university grads.

To add-on.....

For Govt job, diploma holder must have average B results.

Degree holder must have at least honours.

(Unless you got specialize skill or experience that is required for specific job)

Source for IDA. They are hiring and still looking for ppl to fill up LOTS of opening. Hurry there and take a look. Happy hunting.

My ex-colleague just asked me if I knew anyone who's interested in working in the hotel line actually. I don't know what position, but gotta warn you that it's likely to be a pretty crap job, low pay and long hours, but if you're really that desperate, can PM me for the contact details.

Status
Not open for further replies.