Not open for further replies.

melvinfoo

42516-large-3.jpg

47460-large-5.jpg

47461-large-6.jpg

comments, critiques, suggestions.. :D

thanks in advance! :sweat:

Watch out for her eyebags.

In a young lady like her, there should be no eyebags. Well, all have some eyebags, but should not be prominent. It is your play of light which accentuated the eyebags. Look at the face carefully with the modelling light and position the head accordingly.

2nd one ok.

1st and 3rd is abit over on her right. Causing too much shadow on her left also. Never use a reflector or another defused light?

For 1st and 3rd pic, too much unnecessary spaces, especially the 1st pic. Can go closer/zoom in/crop your pic?

what setting were you using? your 2nd pic make her face look very granny....errr....or maybe her skin not very good? then better make up would be better.
Pay more attention to details like lighting because the lighting you used makes her eye bags more obvious.
I think you trying to go for a certain style by giving more space and not cropping tight to her. Looks very magazine like ha....as if she thinking of something like that...maybe a image of a LV bag ha.....keep on shooting!!

#1 .. :thumbsup:
#2 .. look like over sharpen to me .. :think:
#3 .. focus should be on her eye ... :D

thanks everyone for comment, critiques and suggestions.

for pic 1 and 3, i think some how i like spacing pics / mag style pics, but i will consider you all options as zoom more and tight cropping.

for pic 2, actually the original pic is like pic 1 and 3 but while resizing for web publish, i found this cropping is quite nice, so the 2nd pic is result of cropping, and about the quality... these 3 files are export from FDI, so once you do cropping, the quality of pics degrade liao.

for the lighting.. yes i was saving hard to get a light meter, this session setting is using Manual setting and reference is get from my friend's DSLR which serve as metering for me. As I'm using F90x and 85mm 1.8D, but i have plan to get a DSLR in near future. :D

fro others like hair, straps, and eye bag, will pay more attention to that on next shooting. thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

ordinaryless said:
nice pics, thanks for sharing....

im not good enuff to comment but i do notice a 'flaw' in the third pic. I guess her 'strap' shouldnt be 'half dropping'? :)
quite distracting..

I thought thats the catch

LikEd the first picture the most !! :) nv mind the extra space, it created a special feeling !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.