Jiu Zhai Guo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be going to JZG on 21 Nov. I will buy CPL filter for the trip. Do I need grad ND filter?

Can u post the photo after ur trip so i roughly know what it will be when i reach there next month & enjoy ur trip! :)

Hopefully you can see my reply before your trip.

1. You need to prepare winter clothing for 0-5 degree C. Wear in layers, please don't get anything which is white or cream color, because it get dirty easily:). Likely, there will be plenty of snow now.
2. Bring sunglasses, the sunlight is really hurting my eyes.
3. Bring grad ND filter. You need this to take a 'balanced expose' photo.
4. Don't eat their local fruits. Do drink a lot of water. You don't want to get food poisoning during the trip. Make sure your food is well cooked (especially Steamboat)
5. Prepare extra battery and memory card. The battery will drain up easily during winter time.
6. A lot of traffic jam on the way back to ChenDu, so be patient. Bring a PMP to watch movies, animes etc.

That's all that I can tell you. I can't show you any photo yet, as I have no time to process them.

Hope you have a nice and safe trip. I bet you will miss our local food. Lastly, bring some instant noodles if you can't stand their oily and salty food.

Hey, I went there last year. I went on a tour therefore the iteinery is very different from free and easy. I enjoyed my trip very much. The coach from Chengdu also brings you nice views along the way(especially after Song Pan).
Going on your own, you have to plan your stay(bargain hotels) well. The weather up in the mountains can be from -5 to -20 deg in winter. So thick clothings is a MUST. Don't catch a cold.
Personally speaking, to see all the "seas" would take you 3 days in JZG. Our friends here must be very energetic to have covered all the attractions in 10 or so days(during winter?). I wished I could take a leisurely pace but of course I couldn't as I was on a tour. So for 10 days, you may want to choose a few(not more than 3) destinations to fully enjoy your trip. Make sure you have plenty of batteries, no disappointments.
BTW, I think you have not experience shooting while snowing, just in case. Have your cam covered for protection.

The place is a haven for anyone!!!!!
I simply love that place, but I think it can get really cold there in decemeber.
One problem I encountered when I was there was that water keep splashing on my lens and hence, I couldnt really get close to the waterfalls...
Maybe a lens hood would help?
I am not sure also....
Actually I brought my tripod along too...but I didnt use it at all....

But I went in summer, so maybe the conditions differ....
Just my 2cents

guys,how ,hoe much does the trip cost..newbie in photography...but i like to go scenic places a lot....

than you:D

by tour is 1500 +/-200 depending on season. F&E not sure.
i did some calculations before and i seems like not cheap.

yup, jiu zhai gou not very cheap by tour...
spent about 1500+ the other time i went....
but includes many other places also...so quite worth it, if you really like the scenic china....

may i ask which part of china jiu zhai guo in??I cant find the package for this..(maybe i missed it)...

Makes me tempted to go there...very very nice...time to brush up my photo taking skill...;p

JZG is in China Si Chuan. Normally, it will bundle with Le Shan, Er Mei Shan, and Huang Long. Huang Long is a nice place which be almost next to JZG but must walk/climb a lot. Too bad, I can't go Huang Long because of winter. The road to Huang Long is closed during winter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.