Jinbei Studio Kit (180W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.lee

Oct 15, 2005
Hi all, does anyone has the Jinbei Studio kit (180W, SGD439)? If yes, can you share the photos that you took by using the Jinbei studio kit. I'm interested to buy 1 set but I do hope that i can see the photo result first.

thanks and regards,
kinwei

Ditto^^^^

I'm also interested in these, but worried that 180W won't be enough for a full length portrait..

hi all... intersted in the set of 180W lights also... did a search through all the posted thread and the only portrait photos taken by the lights is the one posted by Eastgear ...

anyone has any other examples of portraits taken with this set of lights and whether it is sufficient for group shots? please do share!!! Thanx in advance! :)

I was thinking of getting these lights as well, but was worried that they would not be powerful enough for portraits. So I went to EG and they confirmed that not strong enough for portraits, but good enough for small product.

Thanx for the reply cyber monkey.... =)
guess we pay what...we get what.. :bsmilie:

was interested in the outdoor strobe RL330 also... but that would cost more.. hmmz.... think have to make do with watever i have for the time being.. haha

There you go, taken with Jinbei Studio kit 180W.

DSC_6752a_001.jpg

DSC_6689.jpg

cyber_m0nkey said:
I was thinking of getting these lights as well, but was worried that they would not be powerful enough for portraits. So I went to EG and they confirmed that not strong enough for portraits, but good enough for small product.

saw the akira lighting set at one shop in bugis junction (3rd or 4th floor). any idea how this akira set (2 lights + softbox, etc.) selling for $599 compare with the jinbei set?

Whats the rating for the akira model (ie How many Watts)

rOnGrEn said:
Thanx for the reply cyber monkey.... =)
guess we pay what...we get what.. :bsmilie:

was interested in the outdoor strobe RL330 also... but that would cost more.. hmmz.... think have to make do with watever i have for the time being.. haha

are u sure they said that its not strong enough for portraits?

anyway, if ur shooting commercial portraiture and are concerned abt effects and gels and stuff. maybe this is too basic a set up for u. i belive this set is really just sufficient enough for normal protraiture(full body) as well as small group(3-5) shots

Interesting.... anybody know the recycle time of the Jinbei units? I'd say anything over 2 seconds might be a serious handicap to a portrait shoot...

wainism said:

anyway, if ur shooting commercial portraiture and are concerned abt effects and gels and stuff. maybe this is too basic a set up for u. i belive this set is really just sufficient enough for normal protraiture(full body) as well as small group(3-5) shots

*blur* :think: i dunno why you quoted my reply in your thread since i wasn't the one who quoted someone else saying the set wasnt enough for portraits.. :)

but anyway .. was interested in this set initially cos will be doing a committee shoot for my hall and some of the committees/culture groups can be quite big (ard 30 pax) ...so i thought of getting this set from my own pocket as this was the max i can afford... However after much deliberation, ..i have decided to make do with whatever i have .. which is to use 2 camera flashes (Minolta 3600hsd and 5600hsd) set on wireless mode...

Cheers~
Rongren

ShawnQuah said:
Whats the rating for the akira model (ie How many Watts)

no idea. asked the guy at the shop, he was blur really.

came back and did a search on the net. no info too.

wainism said:

I'm positive that's what they said, I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines, 'not strong enough for full body portraits, but good enough for product shots'. Obviously the shots tell a different story.

If you go into the store, they have the 180's setup around the light tent they sell - this would further indicate that they are promoting them as product lighting...

Status
Not open for further replies.