Jewel Fest 2005-Experiential Runway Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbs1979

Feb 25, 2005
Lot One
vbs1979.multiply.com
Hi all, in conjunction with Jewel Fest 2005, there will be some runway show outside Ngee Ann City at the following dates. So get yr cam, flash and lens ready for a round of snapping.

Experiential Runway Shows

European Tempo ---Oct 4 (tue)/7pm
Sultry Groove ---Oct 5 (wed)/7pm
Urban Legend ---Oct 6 (thr)/7pm
Glam Rock ---Oct 7 (fri)/7pm

For details, see today's ST extra handout of Singapore JewelFest 2005 :)

No wonder saw them doing rehesral yesterday....the models are....hmm....more than you expected. Do take note on the security...very tight. Cheers! :bsmilie:

phoakm said:
No wonder saw them doing rehesral yesterday....the models are....hmm....more than you expected. Do take note on the security...very tight. Cheers! :bsmilie:

wow bro, since when u become PI. prowling ard. haha :)

vbs1979 said:
wow bro, since when u become PI. prowling ard. haha :)

Maybe I should become a PI, tend to be very good in this...:bsmilie: ....Anyway, try not to OT too much...Interested Csers can enjoy these shows :bsmilie:, but be careful on the shiny objects!

What's the technique for shooting a model walking towards the camera? I tried once at 1/250, f/4, direct flash on a canon USM lens, the camera's a 20D set to servo focusing. The still lens can never focus fast enough and I get many images that are behind the plane of the model. Thanks for your inputs

teckkang said:
What's the technique for shooting a model walking towards the camera? I tried once at 1/250, f/4, direct flash on a canon USM lens, the camera's a 20D set to servo focusing. The still lens can never focus fast enough and I get many images that are behind the plane of the model. Thanks for your inputs

I am not sure abt canon sys. maybe canon user can advise.

this is just a guide, it will vary.

i use 1/125, f5.6, iso800.
manual flash. try to shoot when the model comes to a halt at centrestage. normally u will have 2-3 sec before she runs away. try to focus on her eyes, if not at the head. look out for the overhead spotlights if there is any to avoid harsh shadows.

just my 2 cents thought. the experts will give better advice.

vbs1979 said:
I am not sure abt canon sys. maybe canon user can advise.

this is just a guide, it will vary.

i use 1/125, f5.6, iso800.
manual flash. try to shoot when the model comes to a halt at centrestage. normally u will have 2-3 sec before she runs away. try to focus on her eyes, if not at the head. look out for the overhead spotlights if there is any to avoid harsh shadows.

just my 2 cents thought. the experts will give better advice.

Come down to Paragon at 7 pm today and see for yourself.
Attached for reference.
FS-AT-PARAGON.jpg

i don't have any ladder leh. :( can still shoot?

phoakm said:
Come down to Paragon at 7 pm today and see for yourself.
Attached for reference.
FS-AT-PARAGON.jpg

WOW...excellent shot. i no $ buy ladder. ikea stool can? ;p

show some more lah. dun sell fish lah!!!

vbs1979 said:
WOW...excellent shot. i no $ buy ladder. ikea stool can? ;p

show some more lah. dun sell fish lah!!!

Stool or ladder....at least something that can help you to stand 30 - 40 cm above the ground....Pic just for reference...stay tune for more in my blog. Cheers! :bsmilie:

teckkang said:

Your settings are about what is required for runway shoots with a 70-200. You might just want to experiment with single-shot AF mode if your servo modes are too slow to react.

Personally I get good results with single AF on my D70.

example:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=154369

teckkang said:

I usually use single shot AF mode on the 20D which works fine.

sIMG_2760.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.