Jetty Walkway, Bintan

Status
Not open for further replies.

saturnss

Feb 25, 2004
Toa Payoh
This shot was taken on a jetty walkway at Bintan Island. Please let me know the areas that I need to correct/improve? Thanks.

46314557.jpg

Just my humble opinion.

The colour is too cold. Ever seen wood that is blue? The weather is cloudy, so I suppose a skylight filter could help in this condition? Or better to wait for the sun to appear. Pictures looks best in good lighting.

Another thing is the picture composition. Looks unbalanced to me. The left seems to be heavy while the right empty. Lucky to have no people around but it would be better to have one person looking out to the sea or walking towards the jetty to give a sense of perspective.

Yes, it does look a little lopsided. Throws me off a little. Might like to try to centre the walkway a little more. My 2 cents' worth.

Composition wise it is off balance. The concept of using a long wooden walkway to lead into the picture works because of symmetry... you need find a subject that's symmetrical about the centre line. Also I feel your viewpoint is still a bit high... might try going even lower.

I have no issues with your WB... its really a personal choice whether you want it warm or cool. In this scene both will work depending on what mood you wanna convey.

I do feel however that the tone distribution can be improved to darken the walkway. If you shoot raw increase the shadow slider to reset the black point. If you shot in jpeg you can use levels to set the black point and fine tune with curves. With a better tonal distribution, you'll add more punch too your image... I feel there aren't enough shadow tones... everything's centered in midtones.

Status
Not open for further replies.