Jetstar with Lowepro 450AW (or x450AW)

slmka

Dec 5, 2004
Hi,

Have anyone fly with this bag before on Jetstar? It's size 50x34x29, while Jetstar is 56x36x23, which the depth exceed by 6cm (but Lowepro stated is a carry on type)

I also have a Lowepro Inverse AW200 (Beltpack), can I carry this along with me as small item when boarding?

Thx

slmka said:
Hi,

Have anyone fly with this bag before on Jetstar? It's size 50x34x29, while Jetstar is 56x36x23, which the depth exceed by 6cm (but Lowepro stated is a carry on type)

I also have a Lowepro Inverse AW200 (Beltpack), can I carry this along with me as small item when boarding?

Thx

No problem they will not use measuring tape don't worry

ive rarely had people check my carry-on luggage, unless it is truly huge. theyre not gonna notice a difference in dimensions like that, relax :)

haha...thx for the tip, coz the 450w itself already look quite huge...so afraid kena check easily

how about the beltpack, will they allow it together if I bring as carry on as well?

But the bag itself already weight 4.5kg...mostly have to pass my notebook to my friend to carry so distribute the weights around...

Size wise should be ok. Weight wise maybe got problem. Jetstar is quite strict with the weight. They ask most of the people to weight their hand carry before entering the departure gate. Took Jetstar few times from Changi, was asked to weight my cabin size trolley luggage twice, but never ask me to weight my TTSW Harddrive (similar backpack type to the 450AW but a bit smaller in size - which is about 15-16 kg fully loaded). Very hard to keep it below 7kg.

I take my Retro 10 with the Harddrive together as hand carry, Jetstar is ok. Your beltpack should be ok too.

Thx. Think have to carefully distribute the weight with my friends then. May pass the charges and notebook to them to keep the weight down. Have 10kg allowance on each px =)

But it really makes me wonder how other photographers carry-on their luggage? I know nowadays tripod mostly have to check it due to security. But lens + bodies + notebook could easily weight more than 5kg if you happen to be on a shooting trip, with backpack already hitting 3-5kg...

Hang yr camera with big lens on your neck if you want to and laptop in hand

Thx. Think have to carefully distribute the weight with my friends then. May pass the charges and notebook to them to keep the weight down. Have 10kg allowance on each px =)

But it really makes me wonder how other photographers carry-on their luggage? I know nowadays tripod mostly have to check it due to security. But lens + bodies + notebook could easily weight more than 5kg if you happen to be on a shooting trip, with backpack already hitting 3-5kg...

Just remember that the laptop is a personal item, and is not subjected to the weight restrictions. If it is inside your carry on bag, the weight will be counted. If it is not in your carry on bag, but in a smaller slim laptop bag, it need not be weighed.

Hi. I am intimately acquainted with the requirements of the airport as well as Jetstar, and my best advice is to pack sensibly.

The larger and more massive your hand carry is, the more attention you are going to get.

Daredevil is correct - hang your camera around your neck and holding your laptop separately are ways to circumvent the requirement.

Remember, the limit is not here to deliberately make you pay more for luggage space, but to truly provide convenience for both you and your fellow passengers.

Thx for the advice =)