JETSTAR services is the WORST in a long time!

Keltzar

Jul 18, 2002
West
Visit site
I just had the world's worst customer service from Jetstar.

I tried to make a booking for HCMC and encountered some problems with my voucher, and
with their system insisting I wanted insurance when I kept indicating I did not.

At some point, I entered my voucher number and it was not captured by the system which
went on to charge the entire amount to my credit card. So I called the customer service
centre.

Conversation went like this, and even my wife pitched in at some point. in a nutshell,

I said: Hi, my transaction was captured without the voucher number.

Jetstar:
"There's nothing we can do since the transaction is confirmed."

So what shall I do?

"There's nothing we can do."

What can you do?

Can I speak to your manager.

"There is no manager on duty."

Really? No manager on duty?

"Please call back tomorrow"

Can you get a manager to call me?

"No, I cannot."

I don't believe there is no supervisor. Can you pls give me the name of your supervisor.

"Do you want to lodge a complaint? I can give you the address."

Yes sure. Give me your name and details.

"PO Box, Changi Terminal one etc. etc."

I still don't believe there is no manager. Aren't you a 24hr call centre?

"Yes, but I cannot give you the name of my superviser."

So there is a supervisor . Can you get him to call me tomorrow.

"No. You have to call the general line. I have no authority."

So can you get a manager to call me tomorrow?

"No. You can call the general line."

duh. I am so fed up.

oh dear, and i thought jetstar was better.

maybe you can go to the airport to talk to them? i can't think of any other way to find physical jetstar personnel.

thank you for letting us know.
we also have to let you know that complaining here will not help you or others.
what do they (the jetstar svc ctr) care that you posted this in clubsnap?

you have to complain to the top guy in jetstar.
you have to complain to the newspapers.
you have to complain to the watchdog authority that controls the licence for jetstar to operate as an airline.
you have to complain to the television media.

you have to get the full name of the person you spoke to and his/her designation.
you have to remember the exact details of date and time.

next time you anticipate this sort of problem, you have tell the jetstar svc ctr person upfront in the beginning of the phone conversation, that you are recording the conversation, then you have to record it.

*** do not record it secretly, that makes you a creep in everyone's eyes. ***

before you complain, you have to let the jetstar svc ctr person know that you will be filing a complaint.

from the very smart way they answered you, it is clear they have been well trained NOT to solve your problem and to just push you away.

if you are not prepared to do the above, then yes, ranting here will help you let off some steam - but your problem will not be solved at all.

but if you think it is too small a matter and it is not worth to make all this fuss - guess what, I agree with you.

actually, travel insurance is VERY IMPORTANT.
the cost is negligible.

Last edited:
thank you for letting us know.
we also have to let you know that complaining here will not help you or others.
what do they (the jetstar svc ctr) care that you posted this in clubsnap?

you have to complain to the top guy in jetstar.
you have to complain to the newspapers.
you have to complain to the watchdog authority that controls the licence for jetstar to operate as an airline.
you have to complain to the television media.

you have to get the full name of the person you spoke to and his/her designation.
you have to remember the exact details of date and time.

next time you anticipate this sort of problem, you have tell the jetstar svc ctr person upfront in the beginning of the phone conversation, that you are recording the conversation, then you have to record it.

*** do not record it secretly, that makes you a creep in everyone's eyes. ***

before you complain, you have to let the jetstar svc ctr person know that you will be filing a complaint.

from the very smart way they answered you, it is clear they have been well trained NOT to solve your problem and to just push you away.

if you are not prepared to do the above, then yes, ranting here will help you let off some steam - but your problem will not be solved at all.

but if you think it is too small a matter and it is not worth to make all this fuss - guess what, I agree with you.

actually, travel insurance is VERY IMPORTANT.
the cost is negligible.

Well, in a way. You have provided some useful suggestions for the TS or others who might face such a situation. So posting here actually did some good. :)

I have PM u. I had some encounter with them also in march this year. I tell all my friends never take budget airline anymore... The savings not worth the trouble and the blood pressure to spoil your holidays

I have PM u. I had some encounter with them also in march this year. I tell all my friends never take budget airline anymore... The savings not worth the trouble and the blood pressure to spoil your holidays

US airlines are not budget, and their service I would classify as pretty terrible.

oh dear, i travel with Jetstar all the time. Heard abt flight delays and such.

Cannot imagine that there is no proper people being in charge.

Hope they improve or consumers need to dump them. Although we are not paying alot for the flights but the basic services such as the information to know, refund, insurance has to be there... Cant say that because its a budget airline, the minimum expectation is not there...

Oh man...another person into the jetstar frenzy! I have to agree with TS and others... JETSTAR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!! And also delays in their flights is like what the F....

Last March, I booked a flight and there was suddenly a system error, I didnt know if my payment went through or not... so i instantly called their customer service hotline... it took me arund 30mins to get to someone!!! And guess what...they told me to call back the next day...

Long story short.. I called for like 5 times(with the same 30min holding time). Each one doesnt know what their saying... One saying no payment went through, book again, so i did book again, but the website said double booking? so i called again, then they said payment actually went through, but then in the website, i check my booking status, it said payment 'rejected'... so this circus went like 5 times....till i finally got to talk to an austalian and she put me on hold for like 20mins....but finally she said the payment did go through and she would send my itenerary within 30mins which did happen.

So there i was with a sigh of relief...

Then.... after one week...I showed my GF our printed jetstar itenerary...she suddenly asked me... "our return flight to singapore is at 4am?" Im like... "no...our flight is at 10am". Then she showed me the plane ticket..."I was like &@^#@!!!!!" Called Jetstar ASAP.....waiting time again around 30mins... when somone came on the line...I asked for a supervisor, then like what TS said...no..cannot...then told my frustrations to the guy... End of the call...finally fixed...

But going through the week with the feeling that your getting charged for something on your card and your not sure if it went through...oh my gosh! You need to waste so much time fixing it...

Oh and forgot to mention...only the last guy i talked to..admitted to me they had a system fault that time I purchased my booking. Im like...WOW..the previous people i talked to..didnt even appologize and told me what was happenening...they were just.....CLUELESS...

Anyways....this is a KOPITIAM section..so please dont scrutinize people who talk about anything other than photography! Peace out! :)

That's why our dear Mrs Goh said: "You pay peanuts, you get monkeys."

I just had the world's worst customer service from Jetstar.

I tried to make a booking for HCMC and encountered some problems with my voucher, and
with their system insisting I wanted insurance when I kept indicating I did not.

At some point, I entered my voucher number and it was not captured by the system which
went on to charge the entire amount to my credit card. So I called the customer service
centre.

Conversation went like this, and even my wife pitched in at some point. in a nutshell,

I said: Hi, my transaction was captured without the voucher number.

Jetstar:
"There's nothing we can do since the transaction is confirmed."

So what shall I do?

What can you do?

Can I speak to your manager.

"There is no manager on duty."

Really? No manager on duty?

"Please call back tomorrow"

Can you get a manager to call me?

"No, I cannot."

I don't believe there is no supervisor. Can you pls give me the name of your supervisor.

"Do you want to lodge a complaint? I can give you the address."

Yes sure. Give me your name and details.

"PO Box, Changi Terminal one etc. etc."

I still don't believe there is no manager. Aren't you a 24hr call centre?

"Yes, but I cannot give you the name of my superviser."

So there is a supervisor . Can you get him to call me tomorrow.

"No. You have to call the general line. I have no authority."

So can you get a manager to call me tomorrow?

"No. You can call the general line."

duh. I am so fed up.

This probably explains...
business-chimp.jpg

"You pay peanuts, you get monkeys".

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/radio/938live/calocalnews.aspx?cp-documentid=3955533

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2010/...ly-appeal-for-cash-for-spinal-op-in-thailand/

Of course we do not want to be in situation where we need to claim.
It is a one in many million chance.
That is why some think they do not need travel insurance cover.

Usually if for Asean country travel up to 4 days, it costs only about $30 per person.

Do you know that air medical evacuation can cost several hundred thousand dollars?
Not to mention the hospital treatment in Sing after that.
Without travel insurance, an acident or medical crisis overseas can bankrupt you in a way you never expected.

Don't stinge on this.

Last edited:
That kind of customer service level should face the firing squad already. Maybe they are trying to cut cost to the extend of hardly training their staff.

... And you can't find them in the airport as well!
There is no counter or office in T1 (Notice their addr is a PO box)
You can find physical jetstar personnel, but not customer service

Having said that, its the same for Tiger, AA etc. Customer service is through call centres only. All other comms is through mail, to their PO box.....

But in terms of flight services, I think they're still ok.

oh dear, and i thought jetstar was better.

maybe you can go to the airport to talk to them? i can't think of any other way to find physical jetstar personnel.

Maybe you all miss the point.
For some budget airlines in general, this lack of good service may be deliberate.
Why?

The whole idea is to make consumers feel acutely the difference between a budget airline and a full service airline.
The one thing they don't compromise is safety.

That is why they have a budget terminal. Do you feel like "underclass" when you have to go to budget terminal to catch the flight. That is why they make you walk to the airplane on the tarmac (no aerobridge).
(heard that Jetstar does not need to go to budget terminal - so some concession there)

Please read the excellent book named "The underground economist"
Now, basically an airplane gets you from point A to point B.
If you buy a First Class ticket, you are actually sitting and flying in the same plane as those who bought an Economy ticket. How on earth then, can they entice you to fly First Class or Business Class and spend a lot more money for the same trip?

So there are clear and distinct behaviors/first class airport lounges/walking routes/"first class passengers board first from boarding gate"/prettier stewardesses/more liquor/ better food/wider seats/ etc... to make you feel that you got your money's worth.

The budget airline experience is applying the same psychology in reverse. If you are angry and swear that you will choose to fly the full service non-budget airline for all future trips, then that is the desired outcome.

Are they killing their own business?
No. They got to take care of the parent full service airline.

Can they do better/ don't delay flights so often/be more punctual/etc? Have read lots of newspaper reports about horrific delays by a certain budget airline named after a clawed tropical jungle animal - same as the beer.
Yes, of course. But the point is that they do not want to.

They want to make you feel the pain of flying budget airlines.
Imagine what a disaster it will be if millions of passengers are very happy with the budget airline experience and tell all their friends and relatives to do the same. Who will fly the full service airlines?

They are training you indirectly to choose to fly the "better" more expensive non-budget airlines next time.

Wonder how does Air Asia compare to the other budget airlines.

Last edited:
... And you can't find them in the airport as well!
There is no counter or office in T1 (Notice their addr is a PO box)
You can find physical jetstar personnel, but not customer service

Having said that, its the same for Tiger, AA etc. Customer service is through call centres only. All other comms is through mail, to their PO box.....

But in terms of flight services, I think they're still ok.

the personnel can't help? faint..

So there are clear and distinct behaviors/first class airport lounges/walking routes/"first class passengers board first from boarding gate"/prettier stewardesses/more liquor/ better food/wider seats/ etc... to make you feel that you got your money's worth.

oh, so that's where all the pretty air stewardesses go after the plane starts flying..... :bsmilie::bsmilie: