Jetstar - cabin baggage and tripod

tomasko1803

Jan 7, 2010
Singapore, Slovakia
Can I carry my tripod in cabin baggage? Just small one, dimensions are ok with cabin baggage restrictions.
Thank you

Will be ok in your carry on luggage, though i have been stopped from carrying one onboard without it being in my carry on luggage. Crazy crazy rule:dunno:

Really? They are affraid that I can make a better pictures? :eek:
But I'm intent to travell only with backpack :angry:

Can I carry my tripod in cabin baggage? Just small one, dimensions are ok with cabin baggage restrictions.
Thank you

I tried that before in my last taiwan trip.. No prob :)

Yep, same here..i carried my big manfrotto and had no problem. The only reason they can stop u is if you have too many things along with your tripod for your cabin luggage. Happy Clicking :)

What do u mean too many things?
I'm going to Bali, one backpack, inside: body, lenses, charger, tripod, compact camera, t-shirt and standart belongings like that

What do u mean too many things?
I'm going to Bali, one backpack, inside: body, lenses, charger, tripod, compact camera, t-shirt and standart belongings like that

You may want to check some similar thread in general discussion forum, and a thread about Tiger airway in Travel forum. There got a lot more CSer sharing their experiences there

It all depends on the airport and airline. Usually 'a lot' means more then 2 pieces. A back pack which follow the size restriction is fine. Another piece of something (like small lap top on a sleeve like case) is also fine. I use to carry a tripod (of about 50 cm folded length on board Jetstar, it is fine).

I wasn't allowed to take my with me from Denmark to China. Had to check it in.

I brought my back pack with lens camera and a tripod tied to it. I have another sling bag with clothes --- didnt have any problem. As long as the dimension and weight is within their recomendation I think you shouldnt have any problem.

If u want .. you can call them up to confirm.

They are quite chill with tripods. No issues with them on that.