JEM kena jammed

This is very interesting. Usually for new development without TOP, tenant fit out need to engage base consultant for submission. LL is not new and those tenants are also season players. Could be $ dispute.

Just a teething problem. Not a big deal. Delay opening, so what?

Fire safety comes first.

JEM Mall was delayed for a LONG time after financial crisis. The place had piles exposed and was deserted. For all to see when the MRT train passes by overlooking the empty site.

Last edited:
Just a teething problem. Not a big deal. Delay opening, so what?

Fire safety comes first.

JEM Mall was delayed for a LONG time after financial crisis. The place had piles exposed and was deserted. For all to see when the MRT train passes by overlooking the empty site.

that's a different site altogether. the one you're describing is still desolate

That one is Big Box, it is no longer desolate and construction has resumed after 4 years passed its expected completion dateline.

Last edited:
Westgate, Jem Mall, Big Box should be interlinked. Direct links from Westgate and Jem Mall to JE MRT.

If possible, additional two underground links.
Say, one from Westgate to Jurong Community Hospital and one from Big Box to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.

Totally different owners.
Westgate by Capitaland.

Last edited:
Westgate, Jem Mall, Big Box should be interlinked. Direct links from Westgate and Jem Mall to JE MRT.

If possible, additional two underground links.
Say, one from Westgate to Jurong Community Hospital and one from Big Box to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.

And an underground link to IMM too

Is there a need for so many mega shopping centres (five) clustered around in just one particular location?

The biz men see it as biz opportunity, especially JE is a mature estate. No need to wait long long for enough residents. Some more got new hospital there. (Almost) Sure got business.

MND, AVA and BCA will be moving to JE in 2015. Explaining why more commercial developments in this area. That is good.

Last edited:
Wheelock Place is owned by Wheelock Properties, while ION Orchard is owned by Capitaland.

Yet they are linked.

You mean the actual underpass?
I thought ah gong wanted them to link that's why no choice? :)

I seem to remember no one ones to shoulder the cost of linkage. Shrugs.
:) same goes for the bridge between bugis junction and the previous iluma I guess?

I stay walking distance to IMM, all these developments be very gd for my hdb price..lol

You mean the actual underpass?
I thought ah gong wanted them to link that's why no choice? :)

I seem to remember no one ones to shoulder the cost of linkage. Shrugs.
:) same goes for the bridge between bugis junction and the previous iluma I guess?

but it's possible, is it not?

the owners of bugis junction bought over Iluma. now they renamed it to Bugis+

but it's possible, is it not?

the owners of bugis junction bought over Iluma. now they renamed it to Bugis+

"Iluma" is a lousy name to start with. It sounds too much like "lei low ma" ("Your old mother") in Cantonese.