JC National Soccer finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

Soccer finals between Victoria Junior College and Meridien Junior College next Wednesday...interested people can just pop down to shoot. Some members from the press should be there shooting also.

Time: TBC
Date: 25/05/2005

+evenstar said:
Soccer finals between Victoria Junior College and Meridien Junior College next Wednesday...interested people can just pop down to shoot. Some members from the press should be there shooting also.

Time: TBC
Date: 25/05/2005

Are u going?

" Nil Sine Labore "

Better work hard for that Gold Medal ...
Just wondering do they still give time off for winning gold medals in national competetions. I remember we always get 2 periods off when the school team came in first or won gold medals ... :D

RGDs

Long Thai Bean said:
" Nil Sine Labore "

Better work hard for that Gold Medal ...
Just wondering do they still give time off for winning gold medals in national competetions. I remember we always get 2 periods off when the school team came in first or won gold medals ... :D

RGDs

Hehe...we get a half-day off for any finals won, and on days where there are finals to support. :devil: :devil:

Viva la Victoria... bring those medals back!!! Wish I could be there to feel the tremendous Victorian Spirit.

'Once a Victorian, forever a Victorian!' That's what my seniors told me, that's what I told my juniors....

ironargon said:
Viva la Victoria... bring those medals back!!! Wish I could be there to feel the tremendous Victorian Spirit.

'Once a Victorian, forever a Victorian!' That's what my seniors told me, that's what I told my juniors....

Victoria, thy sons are we :lovegrin:

does it mean we can only shoot from the spectator seats? wat abt shooting at the field, are we allowed to do so?

just wondering, would a 70-300 be enough to zoom in to the action on the field?

Sigh..... you heard about the story how SAJC was knocked out by NJC? Hand of God.duh... with some help from referee too. Each time our striker beat their offside trap brilliantly... the referee would blow for offside. :cry: We could have been 3-0 up if not for referee's help. If I can get the video I'll prove it to you.

yaoxing said:
Sigh..... you heard about the story how SAJC was knocked out by NJC? Hand of God.duh... with some help from referee too. Each time our striker beat their offside trap brilliantly... the referee would blow for offside. :cry: We could have been 3-0 up if not for referee's help. If I can get the video I'll prove it to you.

Not to worry, VJC knocked NJC out 3-1...:)

70-300 should be enough...I should be using a 300 and a 70-200..

+evenstar said:
Not to worry, VJC knocked NJC out 3-1...:)

70-300 should be enough...I should be using a 300 and a 70-200..

heh, Good deed. By legitimate ways I suppose. But they won that match with us with a deliberate handball.... anyway, there's always another chance. We'll come back stronger next year.

yaoxing said:
heh, Good deed. By legitimate ways I suppose. But they won that match with us with a deliberate handball.... anyway, there's always another chance. We'll come back stronger next year.
Yup, there's always next year.

Anyway, kick-off for finals should be around 1530~1600hrs thereabout.

yaoxing, remember last year the soccer finals had restricted access?

too bad then when SASS took over the old kallang bahru campus, they painted over over the old old banner that my senior batch did. then when SASS moved out, it was ANOTHER loss to see the Cross being painted out :(

i may try to pop down on wednesday. will expect to see a few familiar faces there. if shooting is restricted to only the gallery, then too bad, only can shoot sideline action, but consolation is the clean background.

yah, last year, each side can only have 3 photographers/videographers on ground level. I shot from the gallery so that the students had a chance to go down to experience how it's like to shoot as an official photographer.

It rained heavily that day and so the match before ours ended about 1 hours later than planned. By the time our game started the rain had stopped.

hope to see you on wednesday, yaoxing. i think we better lug along a poncho... my wicked sense of a "good shoot" would be all photogs shooting from the corridor at the first level of the stadium, with a wet pitch. but uh, that wouldn't happen, i'm sure the match would all be then be held off until rain clears...

Status
Not open for further replies.