[JBOG Mar'2013] : JB Chingay -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
What is JB Chingay 柔佛古庙众神出巡 ?
It is a combination of ritual ceremony and JB Chingay. The festival last 5 days, the God would be invited and carried out for a round trip from JB Old Chinese Temple to another Temple, and on the last day, there is a Chingay festival together to send the God back to the temple.

What to expect ?
You may refer to last year visit
YR 2012 JB Chingayhttp://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-city-scapes-travel/1046405-12th-feb-jb-outing-special-edition.html

Date
2nd March. The ceremony start 7pm to midnight.

Where to Meet ?
I would suggest to meet at somewhere at Citysquare by latest 6pm. We will walk to the starting point.
End about 1030pm, so that you guys can catch bus back to SG. Those who drive, can stay on and we go makan supper.

If you guys want to join my group, Please sign up here, and PM your contact, name, email.

There is no limit for this sign up. Once we meet at starting point, I believe everyone will walk their own way to follow the parade. We will meet for drink and makan at the end.

if you like to go on your own, please feel free. Once you are here in JB, you can't miss the event. So dun think that if you could not join this group, you could not come and shoot for this event. Bear in mind, there is no seat allocation, and you basically can walk into the troop if you are daring enough and no one chase you out.

Disclaimer :

- I am doing this as voluntary basis and show you to 游神 Dun expect me a Superman to protect you from all danger.
- Though I must say I personally feel comfortable walking around to shot, that does not guarantee this outing is risk/hazards free.
- Each of you willingly to assume all risk/hazards on your own during the outing and I shall take no responsibility of your property damage &/ or injuries if accident happens.
- Common sense, street awareness , personal safety always come first, ie dun run into Dragon Dance, dun confront Ah Beng to fight for good spot/location etc.

But i need you to protect me leh... i scared...

1. Van Faniel

2.uenuei/David toh

1. Van Faniel
2. uenuei/David toh
3. James/ JC (tentatively)

Yeah, like Van has mentioned, from past media, it's quite a crowded event, any precaution we need to take note? E.g.: backpack, slingpack etc.

Please count me in

1.. Van Faniel
2. uenuei/David toh
3. James/ JC (tentatively).
4. Paul29128

QUOTE="wong_se"]If you guys want to join my group, Please sign up here, and PM your contact, name, email.

1.. Van Faniel
2. uenuei/David toh
4. Paul29128

There is no limit for this sign up. Once we meet at starting point, I believe everyone will walk their own way to follow the parade. We will meet for drink and makan at the end.

if you like to go on your own, please feel free. Once you are here in JB, you can't miss the event. So dun think that if you could not join this group, you could not come and shoot for this event. Bear in mind, there is no seat allocation, and you basically can walk into the troop if you are daring enough and no one chase you out.

Disclaimer :

- I am doing this as voluntary basis and show you to 游神 Dun expect me a Superman to protect you from all danger.
- Though I must say I personally feel comfortable walking around to shot, that does not guarantee this outing is risk/hazards free.
- Each of you willingly to assume all risk/hazards on your own during the outing and I shall take no responsibility of your property damage &/ or injuries if accident happens.
- Common sense, street awareness , personal safety always come first, ie dun run into Dragon Dance, dun confront Ah Beng to fight for good spot/location etc.[/QUOTE]

i will b there with my kids too.
local....enjoy the event, not to be miss if u r in JB...

trip starts from the temple, round JB town and back to temple for a ceremony.
the event last yr lasted till abt 2am and continue onwards in the temple

i will b there with my kids too.
local....enjoy the event, not to be miss if u r in JB...

trip starts from the temple, round JB town and back to temple for a ceremony.
the event last yr lasted till abt 2am and continue onwards in the temple

was there last there..i left around 1am. would like to stay longer had not it was on sunday.
the next day we back to office so tired.

Cool event

Hi, are we able to see the event along the road outside Citysquare? Or must walk a distance before we can spot the activities?

Hi, are we able to see the event along the road outside Citysquare? Or must walk a distance before we can spot the activities?

basically u can go anyway as u like, either stand one spot along the road side to shoot or walk inside the troop together

Hi Wong_se, great effort! Would you be able to specify which location at Citysquare?

Thanks!

Hi Wong_se, great effort! Would you be able to specify which location at Citysquare?

Thanks!

i would send out email to give instructions to those have registered for this event.
we would meet at MacD City Square and proceed to the starting point. Will you join us ?

note:
whole of JB town will b at standstill bcos of this event and the crowds that attend it is HUGE.

From what I know, it seems like there will be 'Live" telecast this year, not sure if it will help to reduce the crowds.

if dragon dances and lion dances r ur thing, this is a MUST-JOIN event.

if u really wan to watch the dragon/lion perform their dances, stay near the VIP stand which is in front of city square

note:
whole of JB town will b at standstill bcos of this event and the crowds that attend it is HUGE.

From what I know, it seems like there will be 'Live" telecast this year, not sure if it will help to reduce the crowds.

if dragon dances and lion dances r ur thing, this is a MUST-JOIN event.

if u really wan to watch the dragon/lion perform their dances, stay near the VIP stand which is in front of city square

it is more than just dragon and lion dance. there are lots more chinese cultural performance too. based on experince, I would stay away from city square. it is so crowdy.....my advice is to start at starting point, walk with the parade until wong ah fook.

1.. Van Faniel
2. uenuei/David toh
4. Paul29128
5. sleepytiti

Status
Not open for further replies.