[JBOG Jan’2013 ] :Sinulog Festival Cebu, Philippines (17th ~ 23rd Jan 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
Here to organize JBOG Jan'2013 : Sinulog Festival Cebu, Philippines (17th ~ 23rd Jan)

I was a delegate of Crossing Bridges 7 to visit Cebu, Philippines in 2010. Always wish to go back to shoot the Sinulog Festival , revisit the charming city and meet fellow Cebuano photographers and old friends. Happen that we have a Cebuano CS member, who joined JBOG May'12, is willing to co-lead this outing.

This is a non-profit outing, est cost will be announced via email or drop me PM. Those who came to JBOG before, would know my style is to keep the cost affordable , without sacrifice much on quality to have fun/good food.

Travel Date : Jan 17th 2013 to Jan 23rd 2013
Airline : CebuPacific Air ** There is now a promotion , no idea when it would end. Basic ticket (without meal, insurance, seat selection) and 10kg check in luggage , all in is around SGD210.
Group : 9 pax (max)

Tentative Itinerary :

17th : Depart and Arrive. Check in 5am hotel. Rest and wake up for lunch
Street shot, church, Fort San Pedro

18th : Explore Southern Cebu to Oslob ; visit chicharon making factory

19th ~ 20th Sinulog Festival -- Fluvial parade, procession, and the grand parade

21st : 1 day private boat Mactan island hopping, bird sanctuary at Olango island, and snorkeling at neigboring islands

22th : Bohol Island ; visit knife making factory

23rd : morning market, visit guitar making factory, Model shooting host by Cebu Photo Work

* JBOG (JB outing group) is a jalan/makan/shot around outing that was started Sep2011 to bring small group of CS members to JB for day, and eventually emerged to a regular monthly outing. We’ve been to many parts of JB, Johor and also overseas trip. The participants are a good mix of like-minded gentleman and ladies with a passion for NOT ONLY photography but also to make friends, to have fun and most importantly to have good food.

Last edited:
Please take a minute to read the terms and conditions before you like to register

- Register only for yourself. No girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives , children/relative and your village of friends tagging along for a holiday
- JBOG 1st timer : minimum 3 months history at Clubsnap or with minimum 50 counts
- JBOG oldbird : Good contribution from previous outing
- No halfway join or halfway have to go back home
- Be prepared to have some physically challenging, walk whole day on street to shoot for Sinulog Festival parade and early morning wake up
- Good sense of humor and a team member, spirit of give and take

For itinerary and activities, you may post your question in the thread. For est. price enquiry, drop me PM.
PM to confirm your interest. Once confirmed it is good, you may get your air ticket and onboard. We want to take adv of the current air ticket promotion

Last edited:
What to expect ?

Sinulog Festival : Flickr: Sinulog_Festival's Photostream

Cebu City offer ample photography opportunities

Church

7324947248_ae1e5aa9c3_z.jpg

Market

7324946982_46f0ab1f23_z.jpg

Street

7324946714_0d0a2e9a5b_z.jpg

Model

7325000042_35465f2530_z.jpg

Bohol Island : Knife Making Industry

7324946100_e01c055458_z.jpg

Overwhelming response !! Only 3 seats left , newbie to JBOG outing is most welcome.
We have a lady in the group, looking for another lady to be her room partner.

Update 6/4 10:40pm : 2 seats left, 1 has to be lady to share room with another lady participant.

Update 6/5 2:25pm : 2 seats left, 1 has to be lady to share room with another lady participant.

And I just check cebupacificair.com the promotion is still on. One way is SGD39 !!! 2 way, add in tax etc, around SGD210.

Update as of 6/5 8:10am : only 1 slot left, looking for lady only.

Update as of 6/11 2:20pm : CebuPacific Air promotion is still on, both way at SDG39, all in around SGD210.

Only 1 slot left for this group, looking for lady only. PM me if u are interested to join us.

i dont mind joining Mike but she mind sharing room ?

haha..i am sure she minds. if u are really keen joining this trip, call me ..i give u a special price.

Update as of 6/11 2:20pm : CebuPacific Air promotion is still on, both way at SDG39, all in around SGD210.

Only 1 slot left for this group, looking for lady only. PM me if u are interested to join us.

still lookinng....

Very interested. But u still looking? :bsmilie:

Still looking for 1 lady to join us (to partner with another lady participant) . PM me if u are interested to join us.

See you there in Cebu Sinulog 2013 ..

Friday night is the Festival Queen and Sunday full day parade from 9am til 9pm!

See u there too...wave to us if u bump in to each other..

We are still looking for 1 more lady (to partner with another lady participant on room sharing) PM me if anyone is interested to join us.

hi knight ong, are you also prepared to shot satursday as well ?

Update 7/16 : We are still looking for 1 more lady (to partner with another lady participant on room sharing) PM me if anyone is interested to join us.

Update 7/23 : We are still looking for 1 more lady (to partner with another lady participant on room sharing) PM me if anyone is interested to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.