JB Haunted Abandoned House anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

We're going to the old abandoned Arab school in the Istana Park grounds in Johor Bahru.
jbap2dd.jpg

It's a badly abandoned yellow coloured building, 2 storeys. A very nice place for 'haunting', architecture, abstract or model shoots (i can't get any TFCD models). :D

Anyone interested in going there?
Perhaps someone who goes JB very often?

TENTATIVE DATE 25 March 2006, Saturday

It is just located about 1km from the JB checkpoint. If you drive in from the causeway, just keep on going straight along the coastal road until the junction in front of the Waterfront City. You need to make a right turn at that junction, and then you will notice this Sultan Park is just located on your left.
Going into this park is pretty straight foward. Free entry for the public till 7pm everyday. However, you need to pay a fee if you are interested to visit the museum there. You will see this old building if you drive into the inner car park. Be careful if you are going inside the building, as i can sense some parts may collapse anytime.
You will enjoy this place together with jogging enthusiasts in JB.

TPH said:
It is just located about 1km from the JB checkpoint. If you drive in from the causeway, just keep on going straight along the coastal road until the junction in front of the Waterfront City. You need to make a right turn at that junction, and then you will notice this Sultan Park is just located on your left.
Going into this park is pretty straight foward. Free entry for the public till 7pm everyday. However, you need to pay a fee if you are interested to visit the museum there. You will see this old building if you drive into the inner car park. Be careful if you are going inside the building, as i can sense some parts may collapse anytime.

But I can't drive... :cry:

We can walk from the checkpoint. :)

Posted in the original thread stated in first post:
jamestan_33 said:
yes. come out from the immigration, turn left immediately.... in the same direction that cars normally take. Go that way for about a kilometer or more. you should pass the main post office and then the courthouse on your left. Just before reaching waterfront building on your right, there is a left turn. take the left turn. there is a traffic light, cross it and the main entrance is on your left. The house is about a kilometer from the entrance. So all in all you will need to walk about 2 kilometres, or slightly more. Nice place to take pictures, good for portraiture, especially under the lights filtered by the trees. Lots of wedding photos are taken there.

hey count me in... i am not sure abt april, but march is possible.

Let's set the date on 25 March 2006, Saturday tentatively. BTW we need to know about the sunlight direction so as to capture the best sunlit pictures of the old house. Is it best to capture in the morning sunlight or late afternoon (4-6pm)?

redstone, dun think that is a haunted house. If you put it that way, how will anyone wants to join us? ;)

Maybe we can ask James Tan who gave road directions to the old house, if he can join us & bring us there. No obligations. :)

TPH said:

Thanks TPH for the valueable information.

Some questions:
i) is it possible to get into the compound at night? Since you mentioned it's free entry for public till 7pm. I'd like to do some night shootings there.

ii) What's the name of the old house formerly called?

Appreciate if you can answer them. Thank you. :)

Mezzotint said:
Let's set the date on 25 March 2006, Saturday tentatively. BTW we need to know about the sunlight direction so as to capture the best sunlit pictures of the old house. Is it best to capture in the morning sunlight or late afternoon (4-6pm)?

redstone, dun think that is a haunted house. If you put it that way, how will anyone wants to join us? ;)

Maybe we can ask James Tan who gave road directions to the old house, if he can join us & bring us there. No obligations. :)

I not scared of abandoned house..:devil:

Hi dear all~

My photos are taken around 2-3pm. The lighting should be ok, i went there before in the morning, also quite good.

Think you all can't go at night. I have been there once at night too, you hardly see anything because it is too dark. Somemore, got a security guard chased me and my friend away...

Janice said:
Hi dear all~

My photos are taken around 2-3pm. The lighting should be ok, i went there before in the morning, also quite good.

Think you all can't go at night. I have been there once at night too, you hardly see anything because it is too dark. Somemore, got a security guard chased me and my friend away...

What time were you chased away?

Mezzotint said:
Yes I wanna know what time when you & yr friend got chased away?

redstone, maybe we can buy the guard kopi, he will let us in. ;)

kopi not enough must hv roti john & goreng pisang :bsmilie:

zhang3feng said:
kopi not enough must hv roti john & goreng pisang :bsmilie:

You want to join? :)

Perhaps someone who had been there before can go with us. It's better.
Can tell us which places to be wary of. Like weak structures, potential dangers and stuff. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.