Jazz Talk


Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2002
339
0
0
east
skyetan.multiply.com
#1
Do you guy listen to music when you work? Well, this was kind of inspired while listening to a lounge jazz with all the persussions and saxaphones. emmm....
 

punscum

New Member
Jan 23, 2002
155
0
0
#2
right now am hooked on nora jones! hhaha my work is studying so thats what i listen to when i study
 

Apr 7, 2002
339
0
0
east
skyetan.multiply.com
#3
Originally posted by punscum
right now am hooked on nora jones! hhaha my work is studying so thats what i listen to when i study
That's nice. I think music is important in expecially creative work. Music is life and if you can't appreciate music, you can't appreciate life. And if you can't appreciate life, you can't appreciate things like photography. Jazz helps alot. Especially bossa nova. ;)
 

#4
Originally posted by excentrique
Do you guy listen to music when you work? Well, this was kind of inspired while listening to a lounge jazz with all the persussions and saxaphones. emmm....

wooo.....so u like jazz alot ???

same here..... i like jazz alot....and teach some jazz stuff ...

so what kind of jazz u like beside bossanova ?? i like mainstream/swing....funk.....fusion.... but not really like acid

-Andre
 

Apr 7, 2002
339
0
0
east
skyetan.multiply.com
#5
Originally posted by andre



wooo.....so u like jazz alot ???

same here..... i like jazz alot....and teach some jazz stuff ...

so what kind of jazz u like beside bossanova ?? i like mainstream/swing....funk.....fusion.... but not really like acid

-Andre
Wow we have a jazz teacher here.
Yep..some general jazz like mile davis etc.. lounge jazz and smooth jazz sometimes for a change. I started from bossa nova first. Always wanted to play bossa well on my guitar. Starting to pick up Corcorvado on guitar. Hahaha..
:gbounce:
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#7
Buena Vista social club:thumbsup: Ibrahim & CO is the best! i like old jazz too, Ella, Bille, Loius, got brass on my sound system.
 

#10
Originally posted by excentrique


Wow we have a jazz teacher here.
Yep..some general jazz like mile davis etc.. lounge jazz and smooth jazz sometimes for a change. I started from bossa nova first. Always wanted to play bossa well on my guitar. Starting to pick up Corcorvado on guitar. Hahaha..
:gbounce:

not a real teacher lah....

just give some private lesson on Bass....since i'm like jazz alot...got study from musician when in indonesia...so i transfer my knowledge to some of my student who interested ....

so maybe we can form clubsnap big band....or jazz band...and jam session together

-Andre
 

zOOm

New Member
May 23, 2002
237
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#11
is david benoit, lee ritenour consider jazz (or fusion jazz)?
actually I started with sadao watanabe :)

btw, I'm looking for GRP live session CD. Its rather old already. I wonder if anyone could let me know if they seen the CD or VCD in the shops. I love Lee Ritenour playing Dolphin Dreams with the electronic guitar only available in the live session CD. so dreamy, so relaxing .... :)
 

Apr 7, 2002
339
0
0
east
skyetan.multiply.com
#16
Originally posted by andre



not a real teacher lah....

just give some private lesson on Bass....since i'm like jazz alot...got study from musician when in indonesia...so i transfer my knowledge to some of my student who interested ....

so maybe we can form clubsnap big band....or jazz band...and jam session together

-Andre
Hey sounds great but I'm worried that my guitar's gonna turn you guys off. Too lousy to play for performance. :cry:
 

#18
Originally posted by zOOm
is david benoit, lee ritenour consider jazz (or fusion jazz)?
actually I started with sadao watanabe :)

btw, I'm looking for GRP live session CD. Its rather old already. I wonder if anyone could let me know if they seen the CD or VCD in the shops. I love Lee Ritenour playing Dolphin Dreams with the electronic guitar only available in the live session CD. so dreamy, so relaxing .... :)
wow...... never realized we got alot of jazz lover here....

yes Lee ritenour and david benoit are jazz player, but for david sometime he make songs for movie...so his touch little bit pop-jazz.... but Lee is my favorite guitarist ...and also joe pass....

my fav pianist is Bob james and joe sample...

-Andre
 

#19
have anyone of u tried group called "TOWER OF POWER"

this is a groove-soul music......its very very groove....but with soul touch.....

one of my fav bass player is playing with TOWER OF POWER...

i have some collection of VCD and C of Lee....maybe we can share....

-Andre
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom