Jazz Fest @CHIJMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvelyn

Jun 8, 2002
Visit site
"CHIJMES presents CHIJAZZ 2002 – CHIJMES’ 7th Annual Jazz Festival, hosting the best of Asia’s jazz artists on Sunday, November 3rd 2002, from 6pm to late at Chijmes Lawn."

Jacintha Abisheganaden & Jeremy Monteiro will be among those
performing

Hi Juvelyn,

I saw this post of yours 1 hour before the show started and quickly scrambled to the location.

See the photo coverage lovingly done by Canturn and myself.

woah ... very decisive/ quick to act - see post, grab equipment, shoot ;)

nice pics

did you go down cos' of the photo opp or are you a jazz fan?
both?

Originally posted by Juvelyn
woah ... very decisive/ quick to act - see post, grab equipment, shoot ;)

nice pics

did you go down cos' of the photo opp or are you a jazz fan?
both?

Definitely both. If you read the caption of each photo, you would certainly know that I am an avid jazz fan. ;)

It was indeed a spur of a moment decision to go after reading your post. Another purpose I went there is also to absorb as much as possible the happy positive energy emanated from the audiences there. I need that. ;)

Yeah i was there too !!! great music!!!

Cheers
med

You guys liked the music???

I came about 10pm. Initially the music was good. There was lots of interaction between the parts and the musicians.

Then after 2, 3 pieces... it all sounded the same... loud, muffled... you couldn't even make out the different parts anymore - the music just became noise... and the beats and rhythm were more or less the same. So it got quite monotonous and boring...

Left when the DJ came on... That wasn't anywhere near my idea of Jazz... ;)

Originally posted by Romulus
You guys liked the music???

I came about 10pm. Initially the music was good. There was lots of interaction between the parts and the musicians.

Then after 2, 3 pieces... it all sounded the same... loud, muffled... you couldn't even make out the different parts anymore - the music just became noise... and the beats and rhythm were more or less the same. So it got quite monotonous and boring...

Left when the DJ came on... That wasn't anywhere near my idea of Jazz... ;)

I left before DJ so I have no idea what kind of jazz they played. There are simply so many varieties of jazz. Dixie and rock jazz, for examples. These two alone are just like musics from different planets to each other. I haven't yet met any jazz lover who like ALL kind of jazz musics. I for one don't like dixie and was glad that there was no dixie played on Chijazz, but yeah... I like ... or should I say 'dig' the kind of musics on Chijazz that evening. One man's music is another man's noise. ;)

True... but I thought some kind of variation would have added more "spice" to the evening. Like... a few quick numbers, some slower ballads, then liven things up again... you know...

anyway, I liked the guitar solos... heh...

Missed the Eldee Young performance... well that guy's performs alot at Somerset bar (btw, that's one of my fav pub for Jazz music)

Status
Not open for further replies.