Japanese Style Photography Editing Apps?

DeLighting

Oct 22, 2008
I always like to look at Japanese style photographs. They usually create a warm, relaxing and light-hearted mood in me. They are more on the blue or cyan colour tone side, slightly over-exposed and unsaturated. Whenever I was in Japan, I could not stop looking long and hard at their advertisement posters. Take a look at the main picture picture of this website to get a sense of what i mean: http://www.tokyo-skytree.jp/en/

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to any photo editing apps for mac specially for Japanese style photography? Thanks!

Don't have any idea about any apps but I have always loved Sharaku, Hokusai, and Hiroshige. You might try contacting the gentleman at Tokyo Camera Style if you don't find your answer here.

Last edited:
I think you like the place (japan) until you reckon the photos taken in japan as Japanese style. It could be partly correct because compare to Singapore and japan. We do not have 4 seasons. So most of our landscape photos for advertisement would not reflect cool tone e.g. winter season.

Japan advertisement have to give the people a feel of winter hence the colour tone would be to the cooler side. The snow cap on Mt Fuji is a indication the photo is to sold the idea of going to japan during the winter season.

I also love to go japan so I understand your feel.