Japanese Shrine at MacRitchie Reservoir

thanks for the advise everyone... ;) i will go over and come back with some field reports if i manage to find it...

the tv show i tink was "Hey Singapore" and host was Lisa Ang...
as for parang... it will be useful though i dun have one... but many have gone there before... so it should not be a problem...

Sorry Reportage... no intentions to invite u to the trekking to the shrine... will be going with some of my friends instead...
maybe u can plan your own outing there ;)

Last edited:
thanks for the advise everyone... ;) i will go over and come back with some field reports if i manage to find it...

as for parang... it will be useful though i dun have one... but many have gone there before... so it should not be a problem...

Sorry Reportage... no intentions to invite u to the trekking to the shrine... will be going with some of my friends instead...
actually i am..

Just curious, been a few months already any field reports posted? Did a search for CS, don't seem to see more on this place..

Not much to be seen, based on other peoples' field visits. Couple of bowls, the cleanising stone block pool, the steps, the bridge stumps across the river. Area probably overgrown with flora by now. :sweatsm:

isn't that place haunted? Should go during the night..woo...:)

isn't that place haunted? Should go during the night..woo...:)

never heard of that, even if there are rumours, it's only hearsay....there's still no evidence. People only tend to believe when they do experience it for themselves. :lovegrin:

Don't need to bash thru, there is a small trail and people mark it with red paint on the trees.

The entry point is near mosquito ring (check point during my service days), now there is a tower for people to go up. (not hsbc tree top walk)

Last edited:
Not much to be seen, based on other peoples' field visits. Couple of bowls, the cleanising stone block pool, the steps, the bridge stumps across the river. Area probably overgrown with flora by now. :sweatsm:

Ya, nothing much to see, the only thing worth photographing is the small stone pool and the step. No special carving on those stone, just full of algae and creepers. It is under heavy canopy, good to have tripod along.

Should be a small group like seven people as too many may increase chance of people getting lost or injury.
opinions?
:sweat::sweat:
how to get lost in singapore? i think if u walk relaxingly for maximum of 2-3hrs to any directions, u will see the expressway..

Hi all... we did went to the shrine... and found the stairs, the cleansing pool... etc...
we did not do a good research and bash through... and we suffered... after coming back, i check on all the info i gotten and actually there are many ways to get to the shrine... the easiest is through a short waterpoint... the hardest is to bash through...

imho... nothing much to take pictures of inside... and bring lots and lots of water!!!

Hi all... we did went to the shrine... and found the stairs, the cleansing pool... etc...
we did not do a good research and bash through... and we suffered... after coming back, i check on all the info i gotten and actually there are many ways to get to the shrine... the easiest is through a short waterpoint... the hardest is to bash through...

imho... nothing much to take pictures of inside... and bring lots and lots of water!!!

LOL, and apply lots of insect repellent, those mosquito are commando trained. :bsmilie: