Japanese hard boiled eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parchiao

Deregistered
Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find more info about how they cook their eggs? The egg white is normally cooked, while the egg yolk is not fully cooked, and the egg is overall tasty. I wanna cook some for myself. :lovegrin:

Does anyone know where I can find more info about how they cook their eggs? The egg white is normally cooked, while the egg yolk is not fully cooked, and the egg is overall tasty. I wanna cook some for myself. :lovegrin:

it's called half-cooked egg ... quite difficult to do ... here's the recipe http://www.typography.jp/scripts/archives/2004/10/post_41.html

1. Boil water in pot. (level of water enough to submerge the entire egg(s) ) Let water boil awhile and then switch off the fire. (water still boiling)

2. Slowly put egg(s) into the boiling water.

3. After egg(s) have been put in, on the fire (medium heat) and cook for 7 minutes.

4. After 7 minutes, off the fire and let the eggs simmer for 1 minute in the hot water.

5. Remove eggs from water and put in water of normal temperature for 3 minutes.

6. Carefully shell the eggs.

7. Eggs are ready for consumption with soya sauce dip, a good snack with wine/beer.

8. You can marinate the eggs and leave it in the fridge overnight for better taste.

Sorry, how do you marinate the eggs? Before or after cooking? The ones I ate were tasty, not just on the outside or the egg white, but also the egg yolk. :p

Sorry, how do you marinate the eggs? Before or after cooking? The ones I ate were tasty, not just on the outside or the egg white, but also the egg yolk. :p

marinate after the eggs are cooked. just rub soya sauce over the eggs and leave them in the fridge overnight ... think some people immerse the whole egg in soya sauce (that's why brown colour on the outside) Japanese are heavy salt eaters :sweat: i believe they use the light soya sauce instead of the Japanese dark soya sauce ... i hate the latter :p

wah, heavy salt + eggyolk high cholesterol .... win liao lor..

marinate after the eggs are cooked. just rub soya sauce over the eggs and leave them in the fridge overnight ... think some people immerse the whole egg in soya sauce (that's why brown colour on the outside) Japanese are heavy salt eaters :sweat: i believe they use the light soya sauce instead of the Japanese dark soya sauce ... i hate the latter :p

its easy to do lar.....

i've been surviving on these halfcooked eggs when mugging for my exams in Melbourne...

u noe those automatic water boiling flasks? like phillips and braun and whatnot....those that just "boils" and not really BOIL like a kettle kind..

yeah..... u can try 2 ways:-

1) put water in and then the egg and start the boiling

2) when it reaches boiling point, it will trigger off again, let it simmer for sometime....... COVERED!....prolly about 10-11 minutes
so far mine seems to work this way.....

usually i guage by trying to detect tiny bubbles escaping the egg after the boil...if there is alot of bubbles that is escaping the eggs, then it could still be semi solid....time to let it boil up a second time and then take it out.

if its intermittent or the amount of bubbles escaping is not alot, means the eggs whites are in just right condition.... let it simmer with the cover on for another 5 odd minutes....

then take it out....place it in the fridge or run it in normal tap water until its cooled.....if its still warm, it could be quite difficult to peel the shell...

after deshelling, place it inside a bowl of warm japanese soya sauce (dilute to saltiness) and soak it overnight in a fridge.....

thereafter, enjoy !

Does anyone know where I can find more info about how they cook their eggs? The egg white is normally cooked, while the egg yolk is not fully cooked, and the egg is overall tasty. :lovegrin:

oh is that difficult? I get such eggs often when I boil my eggs.
But I don't plan for it. Just happens. Cantonese call it. Tong Sum Tan.
糖心蛋

oh is that difficult? I get such eggs often when I boil my eggs.
But I don't plan for it. Just happens. Cantonese call it. Tong Sum Tan.
糖心蛋

bahahahah din know u were a cantonese too!

yep...Tong Sum Pei Dan even better... :p

esp with and from Yung Kee Siew Ngor Bei.... :p

in HK :D

:thumbsup:

wah, heavy salt + eggyolk high cholesterol .... win liao lor..

actually i read somewhere that egg itself doesn't contribute to high cholesterol. you need to fry it in oil or cook it in oil to get it.

i might be wrong.. =/

actually i read somewhere that egg itself doesn't contribute to high cholesterol. you need to fry it in oil or cook it in oil to get it.

i might be wrong.. =/

The egg yolk itself is a high cholesterol food even if it is raw. But that's where the nutrients are.

something to read on egg and cholesterol
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

i might be wrong.. =/
sorry dude. You must have read wrongly. Egg yolk contains the majority of the cholesterol. Tat's why some people only eat egg white.

haha... cool... was wondering how to make that... will try out one of this days...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.