Japanese Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilkenny

May 8, 2003
Bukit Panjang
Went to En Japanese Dining Bar @ Crown Centre for buffet dinner, the food is nice but they serve huge portion so me and my gf could only take limited dishes hahaha.

Beef Carparcio
Its some appettizer with half cooked beef. Quite tasty actually, like beef sashimi
12.jpg

Sashimi!!
Their moriwase is really nice and fresh! Love their swordfish
7-1.jpg

Prawn Tempura
They only serve prawn tempura hahaah
8-1.jpg

Beef Cubes
Forgot the japanese name but this is good stuff, the melt in your mouth kind hahaha, there are better ones of course but was not expecting this standard for the price.
10.jpg

Grilled Straw Mushroom wrapped with Pork
Forgot the japanese name also but this is nice especially for mushroom lover like me
11.jpg

Wagyu Beef
Wagyu beef used for hotpot, its freeflow but we could only finish one serving hahaa
9.jpg

U may want to adjust the color of the white balance. The pictures look very "warm" to me.

I am no expert in Food photography, but the pictures do not "entice" me to order the food.

U may want to adjust the color of the white balance. The pictures look very "warm" to me.

I am no expert in Food photography, but the pictures do not "entice" me to order the food.

Hi Moby,

Thanks for the comments!

:( but the food is nicer than i took it hahaha

will work on the colour balance. Tks for the comments!

cheers,
kilkenny

But I like the grilled mushroom wrapped with pork photo.

That has potential. ;)

Grilled Straw Mushroom shot is my favourite!

:thumbsup:

tks!

it taste great too =)

cheers,
kilkenny

hi kilkenny :) nice dof on the pics :)

its amazing how you pulled it through even with out the lights :) care to share some perspectives?:) im nto food photography as well

I hope we could share some thougts on these :)

I think photos are underexposed, white balance and colours are off.

nice shoot, I also prefer japanese food but haven taken any japanese food yet.

nice shoot, I also prefer japanese food but haven taken any japanese food yet.

Hi susuki,

Thanks but i think it can be much improved, the food did look nicer hahaha i am quite a newbie at food photo so pls do try the food, with your camera and hope to see nicer shots from you :)

Originally Posted by cheryl852
how much is it per person? i'm crazy abt jap buffet.

Hi Cheryl,

It appears they have several different buffets.

http://www.endiningbars.com/

Hi Cheryl852,

It works out to 60 per pax i think and i would recommend at least a 3 person outin to maximize the sampling of the food as the portions are the same for all group size.

Hi Dream Catcher,

You are right they have 2 outlets one at crown centre and one at mohd sultan, have not been to the latter but if you are tryin i would recommend callin ahead to the crown centre branch and bookin the private room, enhance the ambience a lot i feel.

hi kilkenny nice dof on the pics

its amazing how you pulled it through even with out the lights care to share some perspectives? im nto food photography as well

I hope we could share some thougts on these

Hi Richard Noel,

glad the pics works for you. i was only usin D90 with 50f1.8. The DOF i will attribute to the lens but i shot them @ f1.8. I guess i was in a private room so had more workin space and tt was the only reason why i could take these shots without lookin weird hahaha.

Originally Posted by moby

Same, the food dun look appetising in the photos.
2 Hours Ago 03:05 PM
adorable Re: Japanese Food

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think photos are underexposed, white balance and colours are off.

Hi adorable,

Sorry the pics did not work for you and your comments are much appreciated. Will strive to improve my pics to do justice to the delicious food hahaha;p

cheers,
kilkenny

It's nice of you to share the details kilkenny.

Thank you.

Perhaps some CSers could get together and book the whole private dining room, then we can shoot and eat all night long without disturbing other diners! :sweatsm:

Thank you.

Perhaps some CSers could get together and book the whole private dining room, then we can shoot and eat all night long without disturbing other diners! :sweatsm:

thats a brilliant idea!!

Thank you.

Perhaps some CSers could get together and book the whole private dining room, then we can shoot and eat all night long without disturbing other diners!

ah......not too sure how possible tt is as their private rooms prob can take up to six only. Tao Restaurant @ Paradiz centre have a bigger private room and the food is quite photoworthy too.

Alternatively Kushigin at cuppage first floor also got private room that can take 10 i think hahaha, the yaki tori is also slurpz :thumbsup: hahah

cheers,
kilkenny

Let's have a Jap food photo outing!

Someone organise?

Status
Not open for further replies.