Japanese Crispy Crab

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawarigp

Mar 12, 2008
This is the pic of Japanese Crispy Crab i bought from Fairprice and i took a picture of it using my 450D. This pic can be considered as my first snap using DSLR camera.
Comments & Critiques are very welcome...
IMG_0643.jpg

This is the pic of Japanese Crispy Crab i bought from Fairprice and i took a picture of it using my 450D. This pic can be considered as my first snap using DSLR camera.
Comments & Critiques are very welcome...
IMG_0643.jpg

first thing tat struk me is tat the pic is OOF...
and it being a snapshot without a write up certainly won't go down well with the mods here...
just my humble opinion :)

about the write up i agree. Saying this is your first Shot using your 450D is not something that would appeal to the mods. However, i don't think the pic is OOF. The crab in the middle is sharp and focused... Ayie1786 did you mean the focus point is wrong? i think the focus is ok here.

about the write up i agree. Saying this is your first Shot using your 450D is not something that would appeal to the mods. However, i don't think the pic is OOF. The crab in the middle is sharp and focused... Ayie1786 did you mean the focus point is wrong? i think the focus is ok here.

I think what he meant was the the middle although it seems sharp and focus compared to the intended parts to be blurz, if u look closely, it is can be sharper because u can see a slight blurness.. if that make sense

i guess there is slight handshake when taking the pic. i guess ur intention was to show an action of a hand approaching one of the crab. focus wise i think you did that. at least viewers more or less know which crab the fingers were going for. but i guess composition wise i would prefer to see more than just 2 finger tips. could achieve this by allowing the hand to go nearer to the crab and reduce the amt of crab in the foreground.

just some ideas on how to improve on the composition. :)

shoot more. we are all here to learn.

Nope. Even the crab in the center is not sharp.

Thread moved from Critique Corner as it does not adhere to the guidelines.

Nope. Even the crab in the center is not sharp.

that was my exact thinking... i cant see where it is focused... either my eyes is problematic or my laptop gone nuts....

maybe you can start by telling us your settings.
from what i see, i think it's handshake

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the comments & critiques. I think i agree with some of you saying that there should be a handshake when picture taking.
Special thanx to dingzyangz for the input, i'll try it on the next session. :)
Anyway, could anyone please let me know what OOF means? :confused: coz i'm very new to this photography thing. thanx. :)

Thanx pegasus1010 for the OOF definition. But the main object i focused is on the middle crab. Is that also considered as OOF picture?
Btw is there any other comment for me to improve on my snapping skills? :)
:)

Cheers,
NawariGP

You need enough light and faster shutter speed to minimise the handshake blur. for best results, set up a tripod.

:) okay since i have enough comments on this picture, now then i know that the problem on this picture is mainly OOF and Blur. I really appreciate all the comments & critiques, so i would like to thanx to all of you who participated in the thread. :)
Gud luck to everyone, happy posting.

Cheers,
NawariGP

Status
Not open for further replies.