Japan Year-End [Hokkaido - Kanto] 20 days trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiszRie

Oct 15, 2006
Singapore
the trip has been modified to a 15D14N trip covering Hokkaido and Kanto region in December/Jan, please refer to page 6 of this thread for more information on the outlines of the trip

Thankyou

Im not going.. but just to say that Hokkaido is rreeeeallly very beautiful! :)

But year end is all snow though...

Im not going.. but just to say that Hokkaido is rreeeeallly very beautiful! :)

But year end is all snow though...

and thats the reason i'm going to hokkaido =) missed 2006's snow, so, i'm gonna catch 2007's

Hi, saw the budget...wow...must start saving now... I am going..:):heart:

I'm interested. Please send me some details.
I hope it's free & easy style and not fixed itinerary sort of travel.

2006 was horrible. Warm winter caused a lot of havoc with the ice and snow festivals.

2006 was horrible. Warm winter caused a lot of havoc with the ice and snow festivals.

yeah... it was bad... really bad.... hope it doesnt happen again in 2007

I'm going on a year-end 20 days trip to Japan with plans to cover Hokkaido and Kanto region

therefore whoever is interested to go along for part of or the full trip is welcomed and do PM me, thanks

enquiries are welcomed as well =)

Could you send me the details. Hope it doesn't crash with my colleague's leave.
Btw, what will be the average temperature during Dec?

whats the budget like for 20 days?

sure, will send you a copy of the itinery

avg temp varies as we'll be travelling through several regions and you could expect sub-zero temperatures in hokkaido and 5-10 degrees celcius in kanto region

Hello, in regards to the year-end Japan trip, i've drafted a rough itinery as follows

we shall be using a 14 days JR pass which allows unlimited train rides on all JR lines including Shinkansen

Day 1-7 (Hokkaido) Day 8-14 (Kansai)

Day 1 - morning, arrival in Tokyo, own time own target till 8pm

Day 1 - 8pm, board Shinkansen Komachi 33 from Tokyo station bound for Morioka, 1 transfer at Morioka to Ltd Express Hokutosei 1 Sleeper Car bound for Hakodate

Day 2 - 5am, arrival in Hakodate, 1 night stay in Hakodate [Hakodate is well known for its excellent seafood and romantic views which its renowned for throughout the whole of Japan, the view from Mt. Hakodate in the night is rated as one of the most beautiful views in the whole of Japan]

Day 3 - 8.30am, departure for Sapporo on Ltd. Express Super Hokuto 3

Day 3 - 11.30am, arrival in Sapporo, Sapporo will be our main base in Hokkaido

Day 4 - Sapporo sight-seeing

Day 5 - Otaru sight-seeing trip

Day 6 - *undecided*

Day 7 - *undecided*

Day 7 - 6.30pm, board Ltd Ex9press Hokutosei 4 (Sleeper Car) bound for Sendai Miyagi

Day 8 - 6.48am, arrival in Sendai Miyagi, 7.08am, board Shinkansen MaxYamabiko 102 bound for Tokyo

Day 8 - 9.24am, arrival in Tokyo, free and easy, staying over in Tokyo

Day 9 - 7.52am, depart for Karuizawa, via Shinkansen Asama 507

Day 9 - 9.13am, arrival in Karuizawa, free and easy for the entire day

Day 9 - 8pm, depart for Tokyo via Shinkansen Asama 548

Day 9 - 9.12pm, arrival in Tokyo, staying over in Tokyo

Day 10 - 7am, depart for Kyoto via Shinkansen Hikari

Day 10 - 9.43am, arrival in Kyoto, free and easy, Kyoto shall be our main base in Kansai region

Day 11 - Kyoto free and easy

Day 12- 9am, Depart for Himeji via Shinkansen Nozomi, 1 stop transfer at Shinosaka to Shinkansen Hikari RailStar to Himeji

Day 12 - 10.05am, arrival in Himeji, sight-seeing in Himeji which includes the revered Himeji Castle, returning to Kyoto in the evening

Day 13 - Osaka free and easy, returning to Kyoto in the evening

Day 14 - Kyoto free and easy, departs for Tokyo at 8pm

Day 14 - arrival in Tokyo at 10.30pm

the next 6 days for the 20 days trip would be to explore the immediate vicinities around Tokyo such as Nikko, Kamakura and Mt Fuji area

please give me feedbacks on how to further improve the itinery, thanks =)

estimated budget as of now is at $3600SGD per pax for 20 days including air ticket, accomodation, transport, food and misc. expenses

it's a pity for me. 20 days and the budget is quite a sum. i won't be going but would give my best wishes for all of y'alls. would put this later in the central travel thread.

Hello, in regards to the year-end Japan trip, i've drafted a rough itinery as follows

we shall be using a 14 days JR pass which allows unlimited train rides on all JR lines including Shinkansen

Day 1-7 (Hokkaido) Day 8-14 (Kansai)

Day 1 - morning, arrival in Tokyo, own time own target till 8pm

Day 1 - 8pm, board Shinkansen Komachi 33 from Tokyo station bound for Morioka, 1 transfer at Morioka to Ltd Express Hokutosei 1 Sleeper Car bound for Hakodate

Day 2 - 5am, arrival in Hakodate, 1 night stay in Hakodate [Hakodate is well known for its excellent seafood and romantic views which its renowned for throughout the whole of Japan, the view from Mt. Hakodate in the night is rated as one of the most beautiful views in the whole of Japan]

Day 3 - 8.30am, departure for Sapporo on Ltd. Express Super Hokuto 3

Day 3 - 11.30am, arrival in Sapporo, Sapporo will be our main base in Hokkaido

Day 4 - Sapporo sight-seeing

Day 5 - Otaru sight-seeing trip

Day 6 - *undecided*

Day 7 - *undecided*

Day 7 - 6.30pm, board Ltd Ex9press Hokutosei 4 (Sleeper Car) bound for Sendai Miyagi

Day 8 - 6.48am, arrival in Sendai Miyagi, 7.08am, board Shinkansen MaxYamabiko 102 bound for Tokyo

Day 8 - 9.24am, arrival in Tokyo, free and easy, staying over in Tokyo

Day 9 - 7.52am, depart for Karuizawa, via Shinkansen Asama 507

Day 9 - 9.13am, arrival in Karuizawa, free and easy for the entire day

Day 9 - 8pm, depart for Tokyo via Shinkansen Asama 548

Day 9 - 9.12pm, arrival in Tokyo, staying over in Tokyo

Day 10 - 7am, depart for Kyoto via Shinkansen Hikari

Day 10 - 9.43am, arrival in Kyoto, free and easy, Kyoto shall be our main base in Kansai region

Day 11 - Kyoto free and easy

Day 12- 9am, Depart for Himeji via Shinkansen Nozomi, 1 stop transfer at Shinosaka to Shinkansen Hikari RailStar to Himeji

Day 12 - 10.05am, arrival in Himeji, sight-seeing in Himeji which includes the revered Himeji Castle, returning to Kyoto in the evening

Day 13 - Osaka free and easy, returning to Kyoto in the evening

Day 14 - Kyoto free and easy, departs for Tokyo at 8pm

Day 14 - arrival in Tokyo at 10.30pm

the next 6 days for the 20 days trip would be to explore the immediate vicinities around Tokyo such as Nikko, Kamakura and Mt Fuji area

please give me feedbacks on how to further improve the itinery, thanks =)

estimated budget as of now is at $3600SGD per pax for 20 days including air ticket, accomodation, transport, food and misc. expenses

try to have a full day for Fuji esp if you want to climb up... The last bus leave Fuji around 230 or 330pm. Then you can consider another full day at the towns around fuji...

Kyoto-need bout one full day. Visit the Golden Temple. That's really a beauty. The silver one looks as though it was burnt down....

damn...my UK colleagues tried to kapo my leaves (so that they oso can go holiday)...fighting for my leaves.. applied leave liao...hahaha:bsmilie:

WOW !!! 20 days. Hope you guys have lotsa fun.

One thing about Mt. Fuji. I don't think you can climb up Mt. Fuji in December. From what I know, the official climbing season is only for a month or so in June/July.
You might want to get this sorted out beforehand.

There are buses that go from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th station (the last stop accessible by road - from where you start the climb up Mt. Fuji) and back. The direct buses are not that frequent. Please do check on that too, in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.