japan trip. too cold for my slr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vios80

May 14, 2007
any precautions I should take if i'm taking my 400D to japan?

that's like about a week or so from now.... will be going to hokkaido and tokyo. Any special places brothers can recommend for nice shots to take?

1) keep batt warm as batt consumes faster when cold
2) prevent lens from fogging up by gradually regulate the temp
eg, opening a small gap in your camera bag (ie dont fully zipped up)

Taken my D70 to Korea in Nov07, and it function ok in snowing conditions.

cool! thanks!

Keep the camera warm (eg. inside your jacket), don't let in expose to cold, then the battery will last.

Or you want to consider a external battery pack. The battery pack will link to your camera while it is inside you jacket, using your body temp. to keep it warm and functioning.

If the camera was made in Japan, it should be used to the Japanese climate.;p

my 400d has been thru extreme heat, in very humid weather, exposed fully in rain

its still going fine :D

If the camera was made in Japan, it should be used to the Japanese climate.;p

But nowadays, most consumer camera and lens are made in Thailand or China. They might not be accustomed to the cold climate of Japan :bsmilie:

my japan made panny can stand tokyo but i'm not too sure about hokkaido since it will be very cold during dec. check channel news asia for the temperature before setting off.

Hi I am also going japan during the snow in feb. But I dont think my 350D will give any problem.

Went to Kinabalu during the rainy seasons two years back. At the top the temp is as low as 2 degrees. But my 350D still continue to function without problems. My 2 batts in my vertical grip never die on me thru my trip up and down.

Bring spare batteries to play safe. And enjoy yourself :)

no prob bro.. i just got back from japan on friday. D80 to japan. even up mt. fuji to 5th stop/step. hearing ffrom my guide its the highest the bus can drive, rest have to go on foot.

Many bro's here ask you to bring extra batt. you can do so but. my batt lasted 2 days before needing to charge again.
Maybe i shoot too little. but ... yea do bring just in case

wa lao.. ur cam is made in japan, the company is japan, their boss and staff are mainly japanese...................................................................

OF COURSE its JAPAN compatible! :bsmilie:

400D and Canon lenses are made in Japan but most already migrated.. heheh..

Just keep your spare battery in your warmest pocket inside your jacket.

Also, sometimes even after you clean the lens, the mirror might still fog up, you can just leave it alone (will not affect the picture) or can wipe it (carefully) with your lens cloth.

Heading to Tokyo and Osaka in a week!

Freezemaster, how's the weather there now?

Hi, i am new here and am just came back from Tokyo last Thursday. Am using 350D too, the battery can last pretty long for normal day shots but will drain very fast during night shots when you are using the AV mode. Have fun there. :)

Hi, i am new here and am just came back from Tokyo last Thursday. Am using 350D too, the battery can last pretty long for normal day shots but will drain very fast during night shots when you are using the AV mode. Have fun there. :)

i think the batt cant tahan the cold
Keep the batt warm and you should be fine:)

Tokyo is OK as the temp above freezing pt but in Hokkaido, the temp falls below -15 deg. so its a different kettle of fish! Also depends how long you stay outdoors. If only a few mins. then nothing to worry about but if out for a few hours each time, then definitely you need extra batteries.

Keep the camera warm (eg. inside your jacket), don't let in expose to cold, then the battery will last.

Or you want to consider a external battery pack. The battery pack will link to your camera while it is inside you jacket, using your body temp. to keep it warm and functioning.

Batt yes...do keep them as warm as possible.

If extreme cold do take note when bringing your camera in from a colder place to a warmer place. may result in condensation.

If extreme cold do take note also when u breath while shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.