Japan Trip for Cherry Blossums

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftcode

Nov 23, 2008
Hi everyone,

This is my first time going to Japan and i am also new with DSLRs, hence, I would appreciate some advice on my coming trip.

1) Should i bring my tripod along, and if i do, will it cause any problems when customs check my luggage?

2) I am using a Nikon D90, would 2 batteries be enough for a days shoot? i know that weather may reduce the time span of a battery.

3) Is there any other things i should know?

Many Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Ray :)

1) depends on what you wanna shoot. if you plan to take some night shots, then you should. no problem with customs/airlines the last time i went to japan, so no worries.

2) generally speaking, 1 battery is good enough for a 1-day shoot, unless you use flash a lot, or shoot really a lot, or do a lot of deleting. however, it is always good to have a back-up battery at all times.

3) enjoy your trip :)

so when is your trip , heard the cherry blossoms came earlier this year .

I'm also curious where you're going :p heard that it's already blooming. But depends on the prefecture and place.

I'm going in 2weeks time! Hope there is still some cherry blossoms left!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your advice. I guess i will be bringing my tripod along as i don't want to miss any opportunity that may come along if i happen to want to take any night shots. And i guess i don't need a 3rd battery too.

I'll be leaving at the end of next week (4th April), flying to Osaka and travelling down to Tokyo. Gonna spend 10 days in Japan altogether.

Anybody going there during this time too?

Have a good weekend ahead everyone...
Ray:angel:

Nice :)
Yes, bring tripod along. You can try shots of tokyo tower if you've time.
Try going to the metropolitan govn building in shinjuku. You can go up to the 60+ floor for free and get a bird's eye view :D

sakura is staring now.... So will be this week or the following week....
Hope you'll be ontime to see it....

Enjoy and have fun in tokyo...

Here is one pix I shot today in tokyo....

eimg1209.jpg

Will post more in my APAD....;)

global warming make them bloom faster than normal

1) Should i bring my tripod along, and if i do, will it cause any problems when customs check my luggage?

Not sure about other airlines, JAL has a max. length restriction ( i think 55 cm ). Try and remove your tripod head and see if they allow hand carry. If cannot, ask them to check in as a fragile item.

2) I am using a Nikon D90, would 2 batteries be enough for a days shoot? i know that weather may reduce the time span of a battery.

The more the merrier. . . maybe i am too Kiasu.
It depends on whether u use the LCD alot, video recording, VR etc. This one u gotta judge urself, depends on the habit u shoot.

3) Is there any other things i should know?
Yes. Remember to enjoy the trip!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your advice. I am very excited about the trip too and will make sure to try and fully enjoy myself.....

Everyone,

Thank u again and "see" u in about 2 weeks.....

Rgds
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.