Japan - Tokyo - Landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmodel

Jun 19, 2005
Jurong Island
Hi All,

A recent trip to Japan just before the Chinese New Year.

#01 - A Wish Conveyance

Awishconveyance.jpg

#02 - Straws in Style

StrawsinStyle.jpg

#03 - Little Wishes

LittleWishes.jpg

#04 - French Garden

FrenchGarden.jpg

#05 - Japanese Garden

JapaneseGarden.jpg

#06 - Blue Naturally

BlueNaturally.jpg

It snowed in Tokyo for a full day and managed to capture some snow shots.

#07 - A Garden in White

AGardenInwhite.jpg

#08 - Icing Ice

IcingIce.jpg

#09 - Missing Paths

Paths.jpg

Nice pics. but some mistakes.

#1 that is a notice to the people to tie their fortune slips to the tree.

#3 Those are not wishes, but omikujis, fortune slips. They tie it to ward off the bad fortunes or to make their good fortunes come true.

TMC said:
Nice pics. but some mistakes.

#1 that is a notice to the people to tie their fortune slips to the tree.

#3 Those are not wishes, but omikujis, fortune slips. They tie it to ward off the bad fortunes or to make their good fortunes come true.

Thanks for explaining! Juz knew that it is to wish for something but duno it is also to ward off bad fortunes.

Your pictures are beautiful, is it cold in Tokyo? Hope can go there one day myself.
Were the photos taken in the CBD or various suburbs? Any photos of the city, like the Orchard Road and Shenton Way in Singapore :)

anmas said:
Your pictures are beautiful, is it cold in Tokyo? Hope can go there one day myself.
Were the photos taken in the CBD or various suburbs? Any photos of the city, like the Orchard Road and Shenton Way in Singapore :)

Thanks!

The photos are taken in the city and in the garden located a walk away. The places I visited have more shopping centres than working offices. Therefore, nothin on their CBD.

Cheers

Nice take. I like ur perspective of things. :think: pic 3 has abit of blue cast tho"..

Status
Not open for further replies.