Japan GT @ Sepang 22-24 June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

satch

May 1, 2004
Living out of the suitcase...
Just wanted to find out whether any CS brudders going for the Japan GT @ Sepang from 22-24 Jun 07?

I'm going to be there! ;)

HISTORY OF JAPAN GT
Started in 1994, the Japan GT Championship Series (JGTC) is the most popular category in Japan’s motorsports world. The circuits that host the races are spread out to 6 places in Japan and cover all the fans across the country.

Moreover, "JAPAN GT RACE MALAYSIAN ROUND", which was held for two consecutive years in Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia from 2000, was be held as one round of the championship series from the year of 2002. It is the first time in the history that one round of the championship series be held outside of Japan, and great development in the Asian area in future is greatly expected.

The core of the fans who come to these circuits consists of people in their twenties and thirties, who are the main power of consumer activities. Also, spectators are not only from their early twenties as seen in the regular racing events but are from middle aged groups, families, and female fans.

Why is "GT race" highly supported by fans?
The reasons are: "It is the race that consists of familiar cars, which are the sports cars that people admire.", "Many first-class drivers from Japan and foreign countries are participating.", "Every event develops an intense battle.", and "More than 100 race queens add luster to the events.". Along with that, the events, promotions, and advertising activities put priorities in the satisfaction of the fans and sponsors.

Since the Japan GT Championship race is the biggest series in Japan, our country Malaysia has not missed the opportunity in becoming the host of such an event, promoting our country to the world as an international motorsports destination and at the same time, boosting the tourism sector.

We once again hopes to carry out another successful race event and withstand its goal to be "The number 1 race event in Asia".

banner.jpg

Just wanted to find out whether any CS brudders going for the Japan GT @ Sepang from 22-24 Jun 07?

I'm going to be there! ;)

Yoz just heard this from my friends also.they are saying there are Nihon raceQueens too.May i know how you got your tickets pls,is it a package kind of thing?

Yoz just heard this from my friends also.they are saying there are Nihon raceQueens too.May i know how you got your tickets pls,is it a package kind of thing?

yup, forgot to mention the race queens... they're really :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , very professional, plenty of photo opportunities.

i normally drive there & so get my tix on the actual day itself at the venue, pay RM150 for the grandstand tix and another RM100 for the pit walk. but i think there're prob tour packages for this, not too sure.

:think: Anybody wanna organise something to head up? :think:

I am keen to drive up too. Lets form a little convoy? Have you bought mall tickets (RM143) + pit pass tickets (RM100) yet?

ON, like the idea of convoy, can also warn each other of the 'speed traps'!!! haha..i haven't bought the tix yet, there's a 5% discount if u buy before 31 May rite?

I am keen to drive up too. Lets form a little convoy? Have you bought mall tickets (RM143) + pit pass tickets (RM100) yet?

ON, like the idea of convoy, can also warn each other of the 'speed traps'!!! haha..i haven't bought the tix yet, there's a 5% discount if u buy before 31 May rite?

Sorry guys .. I don't drive ... there are tour packages in the papers ... :think: anyone else heading up?

ahh...real racequeens! pit walkabout only 45mins a day, is this time slot where we can catch the racequeens close up?

My car only 1L, not sure if can last the distance to Sepang, anyone willing to tonpang? Can share fuel costs etc.

maybe can start a list on who wants to go and who can drive. easier to get get tickets and do arrangements.

:D I would like to go too! Willing to pay for the journey. ^^

It's 45 minutes, if you're at the front of the queue for the pit walk. If not, expect a lot less. Last year some funny guy at the front switched off the pit tunnel light when he reached the end of the tunnel and delayed all the rest. The tunnel is really pitch black... you can't even see your hand in front of you, and it's a few levels underground. Won't do to lose your footing on the steps.

Yoz broz drive up to there rather far man.there's also roadshows before the racing at certain places this is what i saw in their website.

1) di0nysus (maybe 1 car, maybe another pax)

Status
Not open for further replies.