Jun 25, 2010
26thJun-27Jun10 Japan Fiesta at Orchard Central

Announcing the full line-up of this weekend's Japan Fiesta

Venue: Orchard Central
Time: 11.00am-9.00pm

26th June 2010

11.00am Booths open

3.00pm Cosplay Performances presented by Cosfest
-World Cosplay Summit Championship 2008 Second Runner Up Pair [YuiMino] from Tokyo
-World Cosplay Summit 2008 Korea National Representatives
-World Cosplay Summit 2008 Singapore National Representative
-Performance by Rie from Osaka

9.00pm ************************************

27th June 2010

11.00am Booths open

12.00pm Asia Cosplay Meet Screenings

4.00pm Asia Cosplay Meet Live Judging from Phillippines

9.00pm **************************************

This event is hosted in conjunction with the Asia Cosplay Meet Phillippines and we will get to see their cosplay event live whilst Phillippines will also be able to see us!
This is the first time two cosplay events are being held parallel to each other in South East Asia.

Booths available

Maid Cafe serving food and drinks
Anime Merchandise
Japanese karaoke
Pachinko machine exhibit
Takoyaki stall
Second hand manga/doujinshi/toys booth
Japanese street wear sales

See you there!^_~ Let's cosplay together with the Japanese, Korean and Phillippines cosplayers together this weekend!

thanks for sharing. see ya there.

i was there today.

One incident really pissed me off.

There is this guy using a sony DSLR and carrying a PnS with tripod (shooting video). I dun know if he is the official photographer or what cos one lady with him seems very close to those organiser, I saw them talking to each other (organisers) before the performance starts.

Back to this guy, i was there at 1pm found out i reached early so go walk walk then back ard 230pm. Thought i found a good spot then this guy suddenly pop up and without any courtesy just parked himself in front directly of me.

During the performance, he switch to his DSLR and PnS on and off, so irritating and every time he does that he blocks my view with part of his head and his hands (when he uses his DSLR).

I left after 1 hour after all the cos players came out. Very disappointed and pissed cos of this guy.

Sorry if i end up also blocking those brothers behind me, i really had to move left and right cos of this stupid guy who is trying to shoot photos and video at the same time! :angry:

Last edited:
i was there today.

There is this guy using a sony DSLR and carrying a PnS with tripod (shooting video). I dun know if he is the official photographer or what cos one lady with him seems very close to those organiser, I saw them talking to each other (organisers) before the performance starts.

Back to this guy, i was there at 1pm found out i reached early so go walk walk then back ard 230pm. Thought i found a good spot then this guy suddenly pop up and without any courtesy just parked himself in front directly of me.

During the performance, he switch to his DSLR and PnS on and off, so irritating and every time he does that he blocks my view with part of his head and his hands (when he uses his DSLR).

I left after 1 hour after all the cos players came out. Very disappointed and pissed cos of this guy.

Sorry if i end up also blocking those brothers behind me, i really had to move left and right cos of this stupid guy who is trying to shoot photos and video at the same time! :angry:

managed to take any nice photos? :)

i was there today.

As with all other events, it happens fairly often. Some people just lack the common courtesy, and are simple plain selfish. If there's a barricade or cordon, remember to shift all the way upfront so that nobody would be able to shift to your 12 o'clock. However, if there isn't any, be sure to voice out your displeasure if somebody comes along and conveniently hijacks your field of view.

With the upcoming Cosfest, I'm sure more of such ugly things are gonna happen. Good thing the cosplayers are roaming around freely and tend to pose for a significant length of time.

Was there also today, learn to shoot cosplay ..... probably include in one of those guys who block other's view :p but for real, the guy that sinned79 mentioned is not me ... :p

1. did not use PnS
2. Do not know the organizer , cosplayer, or the coffee stall owner

Went there late in the evening around 5.30pm, miss out on most of the action. But I still able to meet up the Japanese and Korean cosplayers from WCG 2008. Will be there tomr.

sinned79 - ah this kind of **** always happened and its damn irritating, I met with such incident before. Hope tomr will be better!

i was there today.

bring a ladder! perhaps you could have told him nicely?

i was there today.

Sony DSLR? I was beside a few guys who are using Sony DSLR, they went there early but gave up their standing position in front of the stage (without showing any indication of coming back), because they went to shoot Cosplayers before the stage performers. So naturally, all the people around start to take over their position. However, when they shot finish, they came back and stand infront and cut into the crowd like they already pay a parking fee for that already. Am I being too sensitive or they lack of understanding that if they give up their standing position, it means give up already, not hogging the space even they are not around?

bring a ladder! perhaps you could have told him nicely?

Thats what i am thinking lol! If got ladder, i will just stand right at the back since i am using 135 already.
hmm cos i am unsure if he knew the organiser so i did not want to make a commotion.

Sony DSLR? I was beside a few guys who are using Sony DSLR, they went there early but gave up their standing position in front of the stage (without showing any indication of coming back), because they went to shoot Cosplayers before the stage performers. So naturally, all the people around start to take over their position. However, when they shot finish, they came back and stand infront and cut into the crowd like they already pay a parking fee for that already. Am I being too sensitive or they lack of understanding that if they give up their standing position, it means give up already, not hogging the space even they are not around?

hmm not sure if its the same group u are talking about... cos i saw him together with a lady. And yah they should have some courtesy man!

Thats what i am thinking lol! If got ladder, i will just stand right at the back since i am using 135 already.
hmm cos i am unsure if he knew the organiser so i did not want to make a commotion.

hmm not sure if its the same group u are talking about... cos i saw him together with a lady. And yah they should have some courtesy man!

Yes! It that group. Look like they are famous liao LOL. :bsmilie: One of them even elbowed me on my face and my camera HARD when we were shooting beside the stage after the performance. The guy totally offer no apology. If it is accidental, I don't see other photographers elbowing me when I was there all the time, why only him?

Knowing the organizer doesn't mean you have absolute rights to a particular shooting spot, unless you are designated as an official photographer who is paid by the organisers to capture good quality shots of the whole event.

One more thing observed is that they pull such moves together as a group, so that individual shooters would not dare to voice out their displeasure. I'd really frown upon such ugly behavior. :(

Knowing the organizer doesn't mean you have absolute rights to a particular shooting spot, unless you are designated as an official photographer who is paid by the organisers to capture good quality shots of the whole event.

One more thing observed is that they pull such moves together as a group, so that individual shooters would not dare to voice out their displeasure. I'd really frown upon such ugly behavior. :(

Yea. I also recently found people start shooting in groups and work like a wolf pack. I only know that I went there truely as a individual enthusiasm on anime and cosplay.

Last edited:
no barricade can just go in front sit/squat anytime. even kids can go in with their PnS
not everytime you see the usual Nikon and Canon "muscle" power. hahaha

you should have demanded an answer from them. I am sure they are reasonable DSLR users too.. havent really seen a ah beng handle a DSLR much less a group;p U can go buy toto if u ever come across a ah beng DSLR gathering... haha
maybe someone should organised a theme gathering, this week ah beng gathering, next week superheros :eek:

a few random notes

1) why did u post a complaint abt someone here -.- its like "stomping" that guy. i hate the ppl who post on stomp for 2 reasons. one they got no balls to stop what they think is wrong themselves. two they post lame everyday occurrences in hope of gathering good comments to increase their ego..

2) the dslr community is growing exponentially with sony and sometimes canon and nikon dslrs going for as low as $500. how do we tell who is a pro and who is a noob running ard acting pro? a few ways to do that: one is the photographer a girl (who loves to camwhore), two what lens is he using (if its an L lens then he's probably serious..), three does he wear a hat/vest (nt very impt), four is he using the standard issue canon eos bag, five does he say things like "eh why the picture so dark ah"... i remember goin to the helix bridge and overheard a crude comment made by a photographer "now so many ppl got dslr ruin the market" yes its true but the manufacturers dun give a ****, more consumers means more $$$

3) that guy is an idiot for trying to multitask, he wont get any good video and his photos will not cover everything and may even be worse in quality.

Its a good thing i was standing quite at the back. Alot of pushing and shoving around. Some of the photographers there are really quite rude. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.