Japan camera prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooFighter

Jan 16, 2006
Singapore
Hi there, wanted to check if anyone knows where I can check for camera prices in japan?

I have a colleague who is going to Japan and I heard that the camera prices are lower there; so wanted to have some reference.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers. ;)

if you know where to buy. Check the internet for sites.
if he knows where to buy, he doesn't need internet sites.

Right now possibly. The Yen has weakened relative to the Sing dollar. The last time I was there , Canon prices was slightly cheaper. Remember to bring your passport and you can get 5% tax off. Not sure about warranty though.

The prices there are cheaper mainly cos you can get a tax rebate, so that's 5% off.
FYI, I got my 580EX II for S$689 and 70-300 IS USM for $892.

Go to yodobashi

The shop is located at Shinjuku.

In Shinjuku station, look out for the airport limosine bus stop sign. Walk towards there, and you will go up to street level.

Ask around where is Yodobashi camera shop. It's a huge camera shop around 6-7 levels. If you are not very sure, ask those electronic stores around it.. This was how I found the place. A salesman from another shop personally brought me to Yodobashi. That's how good their service are.

At Yodobashi, each level selling different stuffs, ie: 1st level camera and lenses, 2nd level studio equipments, 3rd level tripod and accessories, 4th level bags, etc... Very power one. All cameras are displayed out for you to get your hands on.. Try those ultra expensive camera you thought you can't afford.. :devil:

I just got back 2 weeks ago, got a Nikon 85mm f1.8 for S$494! Awesome price compare to the local S$600 odd. Nikon 35mm f2 also around S$100 cheaper than Singapore!

It's a damn good place to shop...

Visit online at www.yodobashi.com ... Enter whatever equipment you want to in the search box. You can find their prices there. If you purchase more than 10,000yen (~S$130), bring your passport for immediate 5% tax-rebate (don't need to do it in airport :thumbsup:)

Have fun in Japan. I love that country. Mount Fuji area is peaceful, relax and very beautiful, and it's not far from Tokyo... :)

You can also go to the Yodobashi at Akihabara. It's a whole building by itself. Amazing place. Most camera models with lenses just there for you to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.