January 15th 2013: New Canon Camera Launch...

raydio

Jun 25, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Looks like a new Canon 70D may be on the way on Tuesday.

Announcement is to come in conjunction with the announcement of new CANON Experience Stores.

Last edited:
That's great! Any news about the new 7D?

No sound no picture leh ? Didn't see any updates from Canon

seems only experience store are opened?

Where is the announcement? It's already 6:43PM here in Japan.

No camera and lens announcement as suggested by Canon Rumours.... very disappointing. I guess they can't be right all the time. I guess we need to give them some slack... the rumour was rated only [CR1] (there were no confirmations from known sources).

Hopefully they got the content of the rumour right but the date wrong. Time will tell.

That's like saying a broken clock is correct twice every twenty four hours. A 70D might eventually come.

CR never claimed to be right in the first place. They are just picking on some rumblings that's been forwarded to them and just lets everyone knows what they hear and rates the reliability.

Last edited:
That's like saying a broken clock is correct twice every twenty four hours. A 70D might eventually come.

CR never claimed to be right in the first place. They are just picking on some rumblings that's been forwarded to them and just lets everyone knows what they hear and rates the reliability. Learn to differentiate between the reporting of rumours and facts.

I choose not to.

let me stir a little bit, hehe

rumour says the new launches will be during the CP+ on 31st in Japan... ;)

let me stir a little bit, hehe

rumour says the new launches will be during the CP+ on 31st in Japan... ;)

I heard that too... very quiet though... not getting my hopes up... I guess we'll see...

I heard that too... very quiet though... not getting my hopes up... I guess we'll see...

ya I am really eager to see how will the 7D replacement be so I can decide which one to purchase.... wait until sian

ai yah, now there is another rumor saying 7D mkII will not be announced in CP+ but instead should be end 2013.... ;(

anyway, a week ago in yodobashi japan, 7D is in a "clearing stock" status & could be obtained for about s$1.3k.. so i guess the replacement should be anytime now...

anyway, a week ago in yodobashi japan, 7D is in a "clearing stock" status & could be obtained for about s$1.3k.. so i guess the replacement should be anytime now...

I hope so. Canon's flagship APS-C 7D camera was launched on September 1, 2009. I bought one from John 3:16 a week later.

This camera has been on the market for 3.5 years. It's time for an update. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.

raydio said:
I hope so. Canon's flagship APS-C 7D camera was launched on September 1, 2009. I bought one from John 3:16 a week later.

This camera has been on the market for 3.5 years. It's time for an update. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.

I'm looking forward to the 7D Mark II with the same sensor. :)

I'm looking forward to the 7D Mark II with the same sensor. :)

same sensor? I guess there could be a all new sensor for the new mkII. One more day to CP+. let's hope there are some good news

LogicA said:
same sensor? I guess there could be a all new sensor for the new mkII. One more day to CP+. let's hope there are some good news

I thought Canon announced already everything that will be new on CP+? I don't think we will see fundamentally new sensors from Canon in the coming years, maybe they will add 0.5MP...