Jan 20th - Manny Librodo's Second Workshop in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

scared_of_the_dark

Dec 25, 2005
scaredofthedark.typepad.com
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the award winning Manny Librodo (http://www.pbase.com/manny_librodo) is returning to Singapore for a second time to conduct a portraiture workshop. For those of you who are not aware of Manny's work, he is one of the online community's brightest talents and for the past 2 years has dominated the popular galleries of Pbase and online competitions of DPChallenge, as well as getting significant international recognition in a number of magazines, interviews, contests, etc.

Another great feature of this workshop, is the fact that Krystal, who many of you will know from Manny's galleries, will be taking time out of her schedule to participate as the model. For those of you who haven't seen Krystal, she's a famous model and actress in the Philippines. Her photographic journey with Manny can be found here - http://www.pbase.com/manny_librodo/krystalfull

This is an opportunity to be part of a rare full day Librodo workshop that will take place on 20th January 2007 here in Singapore. Some further details can be found in the attached flyer.

71661188.SlqTBrt5.flyer2final.jpg

For those of you who join, expect an amazing day of shooting Krystal and learning from Manny as he'll take you through natural lighting setup, photographic execution, capturing emotion / expressions as well as his incredible post processing techniques.

You can contact me for more information via this thread, PM or via the email / SMS details in the flyer.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Pardon me but the last workshop was at SGD220....what a jump....SGD400 now ? :bigeyes:

You may like to give more details why it costs more now...for e.g. what additional areas which were not covered in the first workshop :)

Cheers!

Hi there - of course...

The last time Manny was in Singapore, he was only conducting half day workshops. The workshops were very successful with great feedback but Manny would have liked to spend more time with individuals on specific topics that were raised. So this time, it'll be an entire day fully dedicated to 15 people. It's a one off that Manny and Krystal will be flying in from Thailand to conduct, but it means there'll be up to 5 hours of shooting, followed by a break and then the post processing class.

As such, coverage of topics will be more extensive and in addition, I'll also be assisting with technical instruction when people aren't shooting Kystal (if you are interested you can check my gallery the last time Manny and I worked together - http://www.pbase.com/scared_of_the_dark/the_kitchen).

In terms of the shooting, the class will follow a similar style, but we'll work hard on finding a more dramatic location this time to suit the model (we are currently evaluating potential venues).

The processing class will also include additional sections, with items such as RAW conversion, colour spaces, etc.

So basically - a lot more of everything, in a much more tailored session.

Cheers,

Lawrence

That should be the URL without the parenthesis btw -

http://www.pbase.com/scared_of_the_dark/the_kitchen

Hi there - of course...

The last time Manny was in Singapore, he was only conducting half day workshops. The workshops were very successful with great feedback but Manny would have liked to spend more time with individuals on specific topics that were raised. So this time, it'll be an entire day fully dedicated to 15 people. It's a one off that Manny and Krystal will be flying in from Thailand to conduct, but it means there'll be up to 5 hours of shooting, followed by a break and then the post processing class.

As such, coverage of topics will be more extensive and in addition, I'll also be assisting with technical instruction when people aren't shooting Kystal (if you are interested you can check my gallery the last time Manny and I worked together - http://www.pbase.com/scared_of_the_dark/the_kitchen).

In terms of the shooting, the class will follow a similar style, but we'll work hard on finding a more dramatic location this time to suit the model (we are currently evaluating potential venues).

The processing class will also include additional sections, with items such as RAW conversion, colour spaces, etc.

So basically - a lot more of everything, in a much more tailored session.

Cheers,

Lawrence

I was there for that first half day class (S$220). We had a large group of buddies attending that particular class. If you want to know exactly how the class went, and what we thought about the class, please do not hesitate to PM me.

For a $400 a day class, you should know everything before making a decision to spend the hard earned cash.

Don't get what you mean, DP.
If you want first hand knowedge of what was taught, how the class went, how we all think about the S$220 spent, send me a PM and I will tell all.

Simple.

Ummmm....Krystal isn't a famous model and actress in the Philippines, FYI. She's a Thai model.

I was there for that first half day class (S$220). We had a large group of buddies attending that particular class. If you want to know exactly how the class went, and what we thought about the class, please do not hesitate to PM me.

For a $400 a day class, you should know everything before making a decision to spend the hard earned cash.

I attended the Sept 1/2 day course. I share the same sentiment as DP. Please PM me if you need further info on how the course went.

Not sure abt the cost..but from his works..Manny is definitely a class act and outstanding photographer who also does a great job at his post processing..wish i had the bucks to attend..

Not sure abt the cost..but from his works..Manny is definitely a class act and outstanding photographer who also does a great job at his post processing..wish i had the bucks to attend..
If you are not sure about the class, do PM me and I can tell you my experiences. Then you can make your decision, to attend or not.

Lawrence,
Manny's processing and concept are worth sgd400.00 but w 15 guys at the
same time.No way...rather sounds very commercial.:devil:

Dear All,

Thank you all who expressed an interest to attend the January workshop. Demand has been excellent, as we hoped. Despite this, in the past couple of weeks we've also been working with some individuals who attended previous workshops who have provided some constructive and valuable feedback. On the whole, people who attended Manny's workshops (either one to one or group workshops like this) have fed back extremely positively about their experience. That being said, we also now know things can be improved. For example, a number of people would have preferred to retain the same half-day format as before, but with a smaller number of participants to enable a longer time to be spent with Manny during the shooting and processing sessions.

So, taking this and other feedback into consideration, the difficult decision has been made to postpone the January workshop. Instead, I'll be working with Manny to use that time to better prepare the workshop schedules and takeway material. The plan is to announce new dates using smaller groups for later in the new year (February / March). As much as we'd love to proceed with the current group, Manny's commitment to ensuring that his workshops are of the highest quality remains the most important factor and the extra time and redesign is going to ensure this is the case.

Thanks for your understanding and support. Will be in touch again soon. Feel free to email / PM in the meantime with any questions

Cheers,

Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.