Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly Question, where is Lucky Chinatown. Hope my wrist is better by tomorrow or i will not bw able to go. sprained my right wrist a month back and still have not recovered. Let me know the excact location. If I am unable to go I will sms one of the regular suspects. hehe . . .

Lucky Chinatown is located near Eu Tong Sen Road; near New Bridge Road; near Pagoda Street; near Temple Street; near Mosque Street. It is geographically located at latitude (1.28415 degrees) 1° 17' 2" North of the Equator and longitude (103.8432 degrees) 103° 50' 35" :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Just to clarify, there are 2 McDonalds in the Chinatown vicinity:

1) one is at Chinatown Point shopping center (blue building), at the junction of Cross Street and New Bridge Road. It is just outside the Chinatown MRT (NE4). Restaurant is slightly lower than street level. By way of info, Photographix Marketing is located in this building.

2) there is also another just 2 streets away at Temple Street/New Bridge Road at Lucky Chinatown. A nearby point of reference is the famous Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa shop.
The Lucky Chinatown McDonalds is a smaller restaurant compared to the one at Chinatown Point.

So fengwei, please confirm which McDonalds is the one to meet because you mention Lucky Chinatown while Chinatown Point was also mentioned in the thread.

January 17th 2009 Pentax user shoot out.

Date: Sat, 17th Jan 2009
Time: 10am to 11am onwards
Venue: Chinatown mac (under Lucky Chinatown)

1. fengwei (94281380)
2. baracus
3. creampuff (9686 1414) - Preferably 10 Jan or 17 Jan
4. Ben L (96652290)
5. airconvent - Preferably 10 Jan or 17 Jan
6. istDeS
7. lierudy (96185712) - 17 January
8. gengh (98280854) - only 17 Jan
9. p3ntx (try to be there, whenever there is Pentax outing, because it was fun and will always)
10. art2d2 90731126 - Preferbly 10 or 17 Jan.
11. Simplytimo 10th Jan preferred
12. OhMyTohFu (97223423) - Preferably 10 or 17 Jan.
13. felixcat8888 90889881 - 17 or 24 Jan
14. le petit prince - I'm in
15. Flowerpot - I need timing...
16. seefei - flexi
17. S-n-o-w-y-w-o-l-f (9.7.7.7.6.8.5.6.) - 17th Jan
18. fliplock - I'm a newbie but i would like to join in.
19. Equatorer, will call flavia to join as well
20. terrance
21. LancerEX (I am putting your name down as well as you've indicated)
22. hjbyeo (possibly SK as well)
23. billitone
24. ishou80 (Need to go off at around 12pm)
25. darrrrr

no way i'm missing this mega outing!

Lucky Chinatown is located near Eu Tong Sen Road; near New Bridge Road; near Pagoda Street; near Temple Street; near Mosque Street. It is geographically located at latitude (1.28415 degrees) 1° 17' 2" North of the Equator and longitude (103.8432 degrees) 103° 50' 35" :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Bro, dun like that leh, later must take compass go chinatown :confused::bsmilie: better still take GPS haha . . .

OK, i know where LCG bak kwa is and I remember that "small" Macs. Thanks FW and Dennis.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, there are 2 McDonalds in the Chinatown vicinity:

1) one is at Chinatown Point shopping center (blue building), at the junction of Cross Street and New Bridge Road. It is just outside the Chinatown MRT (NE4). Restaurant is slightly lower than street level. By way of info, Photographix Marketing is located in this building.

2) there is also another just 2 streets away at Temple Street/New Bridge Road at Lucky Chinatown. A nearby point of reference is the famous Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa shop.
The Lucky Chinatown McDonalds is a smaller restaurant compared to the one at Chinatown Point.

So fengwei, please confirm which McDonalds is the one to meet because you mention Lucky Chinatown while Chinatown Point was also mentioned in the thread.

Agreed with Dennis. On my mind was to meet at the Mac at Chinatown Point mentioned earlier till i saw this.:bsmilie:

Confirm to meetup at Lucky Chinatown McDonalds, 10am sharp! Whoever come later over 30min or more is gonna pay the bills for all of us :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Confirm to meetup at Lucky Chinatown McDonalds, 10am sharp! Whoever come later over 30min or more is gonna pay the bills for all of us :bsmilie:

eh... i will be late... cos im having my brunch elsewhere...no fast food for mi... hawker food leh...unless i tabao there to eat...

wah change location! I really thought we are meeting at Chinatown point Macs which is usually less crowded ... See you guys at the lucky one instead!

wah change location! I really thought we are meeting at Chinatown point Macs which is usually less crowded ... See you guys at the lucky one instead!

My bad :( I didn't even think of the Chinatown Point Macs before Denis mentioned it :embrass:

Or well, the two places are just a couple of min walk away, shouldn't be a big problem :)

See you guys in 11 hours :bsmilie:

Charging my battery now.. :):)
Btw.. is it a must.. to bring tripod? I got one.. but if we are doing much of street photog, is tripod going be used often?
This is my first photog outing.. hahaha.

Btw.. is it a must.. to bring tripod? I got one.. but if we are doing much of street photog, is tripod going be used often?

Monopod would be better. Dunno if any street shooters do so though. Traveling light is much better and easier in the long run. But if you're planning to shoot till dark, carry on. ;)

Better don't bring tripod lah. That place will be pretty packed, don't think it's a good idea to carry a tripod or even a mono pod around :)

Wah.. consider my self lucky to ask this question.. if not tomorrow only me bring a tripod.. haha :)
Ok then.. see u all tomorrow.

:sweat: I need to collect something elsewhere before I can join in...maybe a little late. Will call you to find out where you all are if I am delayed.
Now need to check where Lucky Chinatown is. Thought it was Chinatown Point previously. That one was easy. :)

:sweat: I need to collect something elsewhere before I can join in...maybe a little late. Will call you to find out where you all are if I am delayed.
Now need to check where Lucky Chinatown is. Thought it was Chinatown Point previously. That one was easy. :)

It's quite easy to locate Lucky Chinatown. The buildig have Lucky Chinatown on it, can easily see it from Eu Tong Sen Road/New Bridge Road.

Wah!:bigeyes: Seefei so fast start a thread to upload pics already. :bsmilie:

It's quite easy to locate Lucky Chinatown. The buildig have Lucky Chinatown on it, can easily see it from Eu Tong Sen Road/New Bridge Road.

Wah!:bigeyes: Seefei so fast start a thread to upload pics already. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the tip. I decided to use GPS instead..haha which made go round and round.:bsmilie: Yes, Seefei is not only the king of street photography but fastest in Pentax group too. :)

Sorry guys,

was not able to join you guys as got urgent call to go back office to settle some stuff....

So bloody disappointed....all my barang barang already packed and ready to go liao.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.