James Blunt LIVE in Singapore 2011 - MBS Grand Theater

silence

Dec 2, 2006
Somewhere at the west..
Attended my fav Briton Idol James Blunt's concert @ MBS Grand Theater.... A very last min venue change(should be at SIS but donno why change) - Small and upclose but acoustics abit disappointing... Surprisingly the security very lenient and everyone was super high until almost madness... Taken by D7k+Tamron 18-270 F3.5-6.3 VC PZD lens. Very challenging phototaking session due to hyperactive James Blunt, bad lightings and crazy fans... so not very sharp... enjoy... C&C welcome....

Handsome.. Nice blue and deep eyes - Opps I am a sis....
6035924488_e8780ffc59_b.jpg

Singapore!!! Are you ready???
6035368907_e8a84c06b9_b.jpg

With his 12 strings Gibson guitar.
6035370223_b2d41865e2_b.jpg

He plays the piano too
6035372889_59e53da522_b.jpg

Boyish smile - Think this one I gotta bump my ISO to like 1250
6035927644_97919c6892_b.jpg

Last edited:
Some backdrops and stage photos...

Simple concert and stage design - No fancy tricks just pure music..
6035369883_524b76e444_b.jpg

He only brought along 5 band members
6035928688_3602a46b6b_b.jpg

He actually invited the audience on stage to sing with him. total madness.... Drowning by the crowd on stage!
6035929212_01ae8348be_b.jpg

The nicest backdrop for the night during encore 1973
6035929362_28463df211_b.jpg

He goes back to the "clean" look..Arghhh. I prefer the bearded look in "1973" and "The Same Mistake"

Super Duper love the whole set!
Despite the adverse shooting conditions, i must say the shots are quite clean!

Thank you for sharing!

He goes back to the "clean" look..Arghhh. I prefer the bearded look in "1973" and "The Same Mistake"
Haha..... I sort of prefers his cleaner looks.... Can be abit rugged but not too over..

Super Duper love the whole set!
Despite the adverse shooting conditions, i must say the shots are quite clean!

Thank you for sharing!
Thank you... His was one of the toughest I ever shot(I dont have those fancy fast telephoto lens, just using a cheapo slow zoom lens) cos he too hyperactive... plus so many crazy fans in front of me... Already glad to be able to get afew decent ones... =)

what cam u using for these photos?
D7k.

Last edited:
Haha..... I sort of prefers his cleaner looks.... Can be abit rugged but not too over..

Thank you... His was one of the toughest I ever shot(I dont have those fancy fast telephoto lens, just using a cheapo slow zoom lens) cos he too hyperactive... plus so many crazy fans in front of me... Already glad to be able to get afew decent ones... =)

D7k.

cool! DSLR allowed?

cool! DSLR allowed?

We were there that night - tell u it was crazy night , at first no handphones no this no that , but after 10 mins it was all hell break loose people from the back came in front and start shooting with what ever gears they have Iphones to Dslr , it was a no hold bars there after the whole night.

Last edited:
We were there that night - tell u it was crazy night , at first no handphones no this no that , but after 10 mins it was all hell break loose people from the back came in front and start shooting with what ever gears they have Iphones to Dslr , it was a no hold bars there after the whole night.

cool!

Love that relic telecaster there. Telecasters are love.
He is very good!!!! In total I think he brought 2 fender(including this telecaster) and 3 gibson acoustics for the concert....

cool! DSLR allowed?
Ha.... If you ask me... Of cos it is not allowed but I will always try to sneak in whenever I go for concerts. So far luck has been with me.. Only thing different for JB's concert was it's a new venue(MBS) so I was totally unsure if I will get caught.. but as what sgcamerastore mentioned.... It was a super crazy night... madness.... I dint know there's ushers to say "no this no that" cos I was sandwiched in the middle.. too far from the ushers.. but of cos no matter how lucky I was before, it is better to be safe than sorry and be careful all the time... Check this youtube clip out recorded by Canon 5Dmk II.. then you will know why we said the concert was crazy, JB inviting the crowd on stage to sing along with him - http://youtu.be/PyzT7StL0LY

Wow!!!! Totally agree with you... He is super good... the crowd was also very responsive and high.. everyone enjoying... I was totally blocked by 2 Ang Moh Meis(cos they very high) after the 3rd or 4th song... but nvm, I enjoyed the concert as much as they did cos the atomosphere was really good!! haha..

Ha.... If you ask me... Of cos it is not allowed but I will always try to sneak in whenever I go for concerts. So far luck has been with me.. Only thing different for JB's concert was it's a new venue(MBS) so I was totally unsure if I will get caught.. but as what sgcamerastore mentioned.... It was a super crazy night... madness.... I dint know there's ushers to say "no this no that" cos I was sandwiched in the middle.. too far from the ushers.. but of cos no matter how lucky I was before, it is better to be safe than sorry and be careful all the time... Check this youtube clip out recorded by Canon 5Dmk II.. then you will know why we said the concert was crazy, JB inviting the crowd on stage to sing along with him - http://youtu.be/PyzT7StL0LY

thanks for the video! it is indeed crazy to see audiences went up to the stage so close to the singer haha but yeah that should be how concert should be (unless the audience displays rowdy behavior)!

just to share with the peeps here. Was at the cranberries concert couple of weeks back. Seriously, you can see all kinds of hps taking videos ... it was blocking the hell out of everyone. even when we were all standing up. dslr i didnt see much from the sector i was sitting but it was bloody irritating ... they did mention no photography or videography before the concert. if only people would respect that ...

anyway halfway thru, Dolores just got everyone jumping and waving and those ppl couldn't take **** anymore and it ran more like a concert ...