1. Vocals - vivientan, Ruth
2. Drums - SniperD (?)
3. Bass - cheatchu79
4. Guitar - Lorbert

pls identify supreno or auto ;)

dont forget me hor...

Audience - vonderbie

RuthBaby said:
1. Vocals - vivientan, Ruth (auto), TRiShnDaisy(2nd supreno)
2. Drums - SniperD (?)
3. Bass - cheatchu79
4. Guitar - Lorbert
5. Audience - vonderbie

Huh? Got auto vocal one huh?? I want manual one can?? :D :bsmilie:

cheatchu79 said:
Huh? Got auto vocal one huh?? I want manual one can?? :D :bsmilie:

hahaha.. it's Alto, Soprano and Tenor. Can i be the 'hua ping' ?

feryl said:
hahaha.. it's Alto, Soprano and Tenor. Can i be the 'hua ping' ?

Hua ping? Can... sure got a lot of camera clustered there to shoot you one! :bsmilie:

RuthBaby said:
aiyo.. paisey... typed too fast .. *give me face*

What face you want: :) ;) :confused: :cool: ;( :D :( :eek: ;p :cry: :embrass: :what: ???

cheatchu79 said:
Hua ping? Can... sure got a lot of camera clustered there to shoot you one! :bsmilie:

i'm sure there won't be coz i'm not of the fair sex. :)

or bodyguard - u guys probably need someone to guard door rite?

i play jazz/rock/classical. not really into cheena, dun mind trying though.
i stay in east, got lotsa studios here,

Ahboon@seragoon road, sweelee@sim drive and BMC, right next to aljunied MRT. all about 15/hr, depends on size of studio/day of week.

myroom.jpg

dun get put off by my gear, actually most are low end stuff, tried some home recording sometime back, not v gd.heh. and now busy with sch work, and more siao on about photography.

as for songs, i suppose those classic poppy stuff will be easy,
like.
cake: i will survive
layla kalif: shakespear in love
cranberries: zombie/ode to my family
beegees: how deep is your love
GNR: sweet child O mine.
thatthing you do
natalie imbrulia: TORn
tina turner: Burn

most are gal songs, as I only had gal singers before. but it doesn't matter if guy/gal.
personall, i'd like to try jazz/fusion/funk/metal, but of coz , they'll be much more difficult.

i feel the singer is the most impt, so he/she must select the songs. give the right key, and everyone else write out the scores and practise, else studio time will be wasted.

cheers

di0nysus said:
i play jazz/rock/classical. not really into cheena, dun mind trying though.
i stay in east, got lotsa studios here,

Ahboon@seragoon road, sweelee@sim drive and BMC, right next to aljunied MRT. all about 15/hr, depends on size of studio/day of week.

myroom.jpg

dun get put off by my gear, actually most are low end stuff, tried some home recording sometime back, not v gd.heh. and now busy with sch work, and more siao on about photography.

as for songs, i suppose those classic poppy stuff will be easy,
like.
cake: i will survive
layla kalif: shakespear in love
cranberries: zombie/ode to my family
beegees: how deep is your love
GNR: sweet child O mine.
thatthing you do
natalie imbrulia: TORn
tina turner: Burn

most are gal songs, as I only had gal singers before. but it doesn't matter if guy/gal.
personall, i'd like to try jazz/fusion/funk/metal, but of coz , they'll be much more difficult.

i feel the singer is the most impt, so he/she must select the songs. give the right key, and everyone else write out the scores and practise, else studio time will be wasted.

cheers

Hey di0nysus, what's your instrument of choice then? Guitar or keyboard? :dunno:

1. Vocals - vivientan, Ruth (auto), TRiShnDaisy(2nd supreno)
2. Drums - SniperD (?)
3. Bass - cheatchu79
4. Guitar - Lorbert, Hein
5. Audience - vonderbie
6. "Hua Ping" - feryl
7. Photographer - Clown

Hmm... I go ask whether Ozon interested or not...
no one interested to play the keyboards?

Anyway, since this is like a get-together, I think it's okay to use the songs suggested by diOnysus, though I must admit, I don't know half the songs he'd mentioned! :bsmilie: I'm the jazz freak, who listen to songs that were popular before I was born! :bsmilie:

Oh! If the group is big enough, I go arrange for a bigger studio... but everyone must pay hor! :D

cheatchu79 said:
Hey di0nysus, what's your instrument of choice then? Guitar or keyboard? :dunno:

anyone is fine, dun play also can. if studio near mi place, then guitar, if far,....keyboard! cos no need to carry barang barang.

well, i'm pretty poor at keyboards, i never practise, i only use it to record midi instruments. not all songs need keybaords, not all songs need 2 guitars.

hmm..listening to american pie now..nice.
and its weird al yanko's version!haha

hmm..used to jam at a studio at peninsula plaza....can't rem the name of shop, at a high level one. since CS heaven is around there...will check it out.

and yes cheatchu, i'm a jazz freak too, i've 4 fakebooks. shld be able to play most songs that u want me to, on a guitar. for keyboards, i can on play those simpler songs, like autumn leaves, ipanema, triste. i prefer bossa stuff. and i'll be going to lisa wahladt on 10th april. ;)

if everyone else is up to it, jazz band it is. then u want big band, can bring in trumpet/etc/brass.

di0nysus said:
anyone is fine, dun play also can. if studio near mi place, then guitar, if far,....keyboard! cos no need to carry barang barang.

well, i'm pretty poor at keyboards, i never practise, i only use it to record midi instruments. not all songs need keybaords, not all songs need 2 guitars.

hmm..listening to american pie now..nice.
and its weird al yanko's version!haha

hmm..used to jam at a studio at peninsula plaza....can't rem the name of shop, at a high level one. since CS heaven is around there...will check it out.

and yes cheatchu, i'm a jazz freak too, i've 4 fakebooks. shld be able to play most songs that u want me to, on a guitar. for keyboards, i can on play those simpler songs, like autumn leaves, ipanema, triste. i prefer bossa stuff. and i'll be going to lisa wahladt on 10th april. ;)

if everyone else is up to it, jazz band it is. then u want big band, can bring in trumpet/etc/brass.

Wah! you very ambitious leh!! Good good... :D
I'd jammed at peninsula plaza before, and frankly, it sucks! :nono: I'm still trying to rcall where's that place in Chinatown... hmm...

As for jazz, I don't think it would be good to play it for first contact, since it's quite easy to see the differences in standards when playing jazz. Don't think it would be nice to discrimate one who can improvise, from one who can't, right?

So, I think it would be better if we start easy. Think songs with no more than 6 chord changes, with signatures of no more than 2 sharps and flats signature would be a good point to start.

RuthBaby said:
hmm.... i think we go ktv first
test out keys

i cannot go for HIGH KEYS... im going for the LOW KEYS.. Anyone going for MID KEYS?

Karaoke session? Hmm... maybe you can go and organise a karaoke session too!! :D

1. Vocals - vivientan, Ruth (alto), TRiShnDaisy(2nd supreno)
2. Drums - SniperD (?)
3. Bass - cheatchu79
5. Audience - vonderbie
6. "Hua Ping" - feryl
7. Photographer - Clown

RuthBaby said:
1. Vocals - vivientan, Ruth (alto), TRiShnDaisy(2nd supreno)
2. Drums - SniperD (?)
3. Bass - cheatchu79
5. Audience - vonderbie
6. "Hua Ping" - feryl
7. Photographer - Clown
8. Keyboards - CK :)

CK: I'm in my ripe old age of 29 tho' :) I know music is universal, but who're we kidding..:) Not sure if you guys are teens or something. Have 3 yrs cumulative gigging exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.